1. You’re always on the same vibe.
Going out, staying in and watching a movie, grabbing a few happy hour drinks, having a late night heart-to-heart—whatever you’re in the mood for, it’s almost guaranteed your best friend is too. You don’t have to wonder what she’s feeling, or accommodate your plans to fit her needs. The two of you are always feeling the same thing and tuned into one another’s emotions.
2. Your cravings, feelings, and jokes are always in sync.
You can share a silly meme via text and laugh for hours. You can buy a fair funnel cake and go bite for bite until the plate’s licked clean. You can whine to each other about boys and drama until you start cracking up at your stupidity. No matter what’s going on in your life, it’s almost guaranteed your best friend is on the same wavelength. She’s basically you in another human.
3. You happen to call each other exactly when the other person needs to talk.
You’re sitting there, looking at your phone, wondering if it’s too late to bother her with your latest boy problems when your phone suddenly lights up with a text from her. Almost as if she can read your mind. She’s right there when you need her, no matter how many miles or hours or plane rides that separate you two.
4. You call tell something’s going on just by reading each other’s Tweets, posts, or captions on social media.
You don’t have to put your pain on display, your best friend knows without being told when there’s something that’s bothering you. Even when you try to pretend like everything’s fine, she sees through your façade and calls you out. And when you need her, she’s there. No questions asked.
5. You don’t have to explain what’s wrong—the other person just knows.
Sometimes you can’t find the words, but she’s by your side. She listens. She understands. She knows. Your souls are so connected there’s no need to explain what’s up—she gets you, and she’s there.
6. You’ve often felt closer to your best friend than your boyfriend or significant other.
She’s the one you’ve turned to when he’s cheated, when you’ve had major fights, when you were just sick and tired of dating. She’s the one who stayed up late, eating ice cream and sharing secrets. She’s the one who’s seen you at your worst and still loved you unconditionally. No matter how close you get to your S.O. you always value your friendship. She comes first.
7. You have no problem being your silly, annoying, needy, emotional, loud, obnoxious self around one another.
With her, you’re yourself. Completely. Totally. Unapologetically. Your relationship is both grounding and freeing, and every day you wake up even more thankful for her presence in your life.
8. You feel totally comfortable opening up about anything and everything that’s on your mind when you’re with each other.
With the two of you, there’s no holding back. You don’t have to skirt around the truth, worried that she might judge you. You don’t have to lie for fear she’ll stop being your friend. There’s nothing you can do to push her away. No matter what.
9. You can’t go a full day without some form of contact.
You’re connected in person, via text, through social media. You like one another’s posts, send ugly Snapchats, leave rambling voicemails—the list is endless. There’s not a day that goes by without some form of communication between the two of you.
10. You can’t imagine life without one another.
Picturing a life without her would be absolutely terrible. You’ve become interwoven in one another’s decisions, life plans, goals, and happiness. To be without her or to not have her by your side is unthinkable.
11. You consider your bond to be closer than family.
She’s not just a best friend, she’s a sister, a confidant, a soulmate. The two of you aren’t simply close, you’re connected through a bond that’s unbreakable. And no matter what you go through, that bond will stay.