1. “Hey I just met you and this is crazy. But here’s my number, so call me maybe” – Carly Rae Jepsen (Call Me, Maybe)
You see a job posting and this is so you, it’s totally meant for you. Upload that resume, cover letter, hit submit, and then pray HR will call you, maybe.
Should you send them edible arrangements to increase your chances too?
2. “This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill. Fifteen percent concentrated power of will” – Fort Minor (Remember The Name)
Yes, you got that phone call and you’re going to an interview! You’re ready, ready to bang that interview because let’s face it; you’re an amazing human being. Your skills, experiences, and that $40,000 a year degree makes you qualified. In fact, you’re more than over qualified that they should just make you the director of that whole place; you’re looking for a challenge anyway. GO YOU!
3. “Must I always be waiting, waiting on you? Must I always be playing, playing your fool?” – Jack Johnson (Sitting, Waiting, Wishing)
Your eyes are twitching and you’ve been having that staring contest with your phone for like two weeks now. Did you bomb that interview? Did you show too much elbow? ..We’re you not as marvelous as you thought you were, no impossible, how could you even think like that? Then, you start bargaining with God, praying that you will never ever make fun of your ex and his stupid girlfriend ever again if he gives you this, PLEASE JESUS.
4. “Thought I couldn’t live without you, It’s gonna hurt when it heals too. It’ll all get better in time” – Leona Lewis (Better In Time)
“Thanks but no thanks”. Grab that ice cream because you got too attached to that job description and that really nice guy that might’ve been your coworker, and now you are suffering from rejection. You are inconsolable.
5. “Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements” – Adele (Chasing Pavements)
Try and try again. Keep chasing!