1. She got into the porn industry when she and her ex-husband were struggling financially
Her ex-husband was actually the one who filled out the application for her to become a webcam model, and eventually he persuaded her to quit her full time job to pursue it.
2. She’s not afraid to call you out for your sexist comments (or your fake feminism)
I want to open up this conversation. What are your thoughts about this? pic.twitter.com/7eitklAs61
— Ashley Alban (@Ashleyalban94) March 29, 2018
But hey, she’s still open to your commentary.
3. She’s the vegan of your dreams
I'll post for Twitter too. pic.twitter.com/VbDWFdLgIN
— Ashley Alban (@Ashleyalban94) March 23, 2018
I’m getting some real Hardee’s vibes from this.
4. She wants to know what you think about all your favorite Netflix shows
I just started Wild Wild Country on Netflix last night. So dramatic. Everyone watch it and we'll meet back here in a week to discuss.
— Ashley Alban (@Ashleyalban94) March 27, 2018
Need Netflix recs. Watched Altered Carbon, Dirty Money and Abstract most recently. What have y'all been into?
— Ashley Alban (@Ashleyalban94) March 2, 2018
She doesn’t want to just talk about sex with her fans — but, you know, she’s totally cool with that, too.
5. She embraces the “weird side” of her job
It probably helps that she works for herself.
6. She tattooed herself when she was a sophomore in college
Have you ever noticed the heart tattoo on her ankle? Yep, that’s all her.
7. She’s an independent porn producer
Not only is she able to work from home, but she would also rather avoid the pitfalls of working in mainstream porn, like disrespect or assault.
8. She’s open about her past with abuse
She talks about her abusive relationship with her ex-husband in some of her YouTube videos, and even tries to warn people of the signs in case they’re in the same position she was in.
9. She likes to laugh at your porn comments
Seriously, she made a whole video about it.
10. She has fun with her job
Sure, she may have started in the porn industry under bad circumstances, but she found a way to turn it into something she loves.
11. She’s a huge advocate for safe sex
And yes, that means USING CONDOMS!!!!
12. She’s not afraid to get philosophical af with her fans
Can we reclaim words like “slut”, “whore”, or “bitch”? Who knows, but she’s ready to start the conversation.
13. She’s a world traveler
From Alaska to Korea to Vegas, she loves seeing the world. She makes YouTube vlogs about all the places she goes if you’re interested in keeping up.
14. She’s even gotten to meet some celebs through her job
— Ashley Alban (@Ashleyalban94) January 25, 2018
Yeah, that’s Post Malone. You’re welcome.
15. She’s actually a huge dork
But hey, we can’t help but love her.