2017 had been the most challenging but the best year of my life by far. This is the year when my life had a 360-degree turn but it is also the year when I can say that I have started on all of the things that I want to keep doing for the rest of my life. It had definitely not been a steady ride so here are 17 things I learned which helped me to get through the year in one piece.
1. Your environment directly affects your productivity and state of mind. You become the average of the people you surround yourself with.
2. Waking up immediately after the first sound of the alarm means you started your day with an accomplishment.
3. Tasks get easier if you nourish yourself with the right fuel.
4. Baby steps count as long as you’re moving forward.
5. Your habits dictate who you are as a person.
6. Every minute of planning always saves you an hour of hard work.
7. A warm cup of coffee a day melts all the worries away.
8. If you want to keep someone in your life, make time for them.
9. You can tell a lot about someone by how they spend their money.
10. Monitoring your cashflow can save you a lot of trouble in the future.
11. If you want respect, you must demand for respect.
12. Stop contemplating on whether the glass is half-full or half-empty. Just get the pitcher and fill the glass to your heart’s content.
13. There’s no point in hustling when you’re burnt out. There’s no substitute for sleep and rest.
14. Showing a bit of vulnerability can make a relationship stronger.
15. Sometimes, the thin line between keeping it together and breaking down is three deep breaths.
16. You’ll know you’re working with the right motivation if it makes you tear up a little bit.
17. The goal for the new year shouldn’t be a new beginning; but a continuation of the beautiful things you started this year.