I’ve been called the epitome of a millennial(whatever that means) in my workplace countless of times and I’ve used it to my advantage. When you start building a career in your 20s, things can be really frustrating sometimes. Luckily I got to work with really cool and awesome adults. I became very much willing to learn from them, especially from the more experienced ones. So to all the fellow 20-year old’s out there, here are some bits and pieces of what I learned.
1. It is never too late to reinvent yourself.
2. You can always learn, unlearn, and relearn.
3. Make use of your free time wisely.
4. Focus on the things that you can control.
5. Never stop trying.
6. If you fail, fail forward.
7. Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.
8. Set “getting better” goals. Achieve them
9. Give a fuck on things that are fuck worthy.
10. Be proud of your “mini-gains” and “mini-successes”
11. Leave the bones. Take the meat.
12. It’s OK to be stuck sometimes, but it’s NOT OK to not have a plan.
13. Be kind to everyone. It’s a small world after all.
14. Be humble. Everyone needs help sometimes.
15. Your boss is not a mind reader. Learn to speak up and ask.
16. Do not work hard, work smart.
17. Choose your battles, learn to let things slide from time to time.
18. Sometimes you just have to laugh it off.
19. “Patience is a virtue” and “Honesty is still the best policy”.
20. There will always be politics no matter how small or big the company is.
21. Pay it forward. People believed in you. Believe in others too.
22. Genuine people respect everyone. Fake people respect only those with power over them.
23. No matter what you achieve or where you’re dreams may take you, never forget who you are.