1. He makes you cry.
2. You already know he’s not the type of person you want to end up with.
3. If you applied the amount of energy you burn up trying to get his attention to something that’s actually worth your while, amazing things will unfold in your life.
4. He’s a dick.
5. There are about six billion other people in the world. It’s madness to place so much significance on only one of them.
6. You deserve more, and you know it.
7. Being single by choice is one of the greatest things you’ll ever experience.
8. Traveling the world, developing friendships, and bettering yourself is way more rewarding than moping around and drowning in a pool of anxiety.
9. You’re capable of moving forward.
10. Independence is attractive.
11. Dogs are better than men. Get one.
12. You’ll be free as a bird.
13. Clean slates give us something to look forward to.
14. He’ll never love you the way you love him. It sucks, but it’s the truth.
15. If he wanted to be with you badly enough, he would fight for you.
16. You won’t have to read those terribly boring articles he sends you anymore.
17. Happiness is the best revenge.
18. You’ll have more room in your bed and less dishes in your sink.
19. Beyoncé would be proud. If that matters…
20. You really will find something better someday. Ask anyone who’s been in your shoes.
21. You can’t take over the world if you’re too busy nursing a broken heart.
22. He’ll regret letting you slip through his fingers, and whether he expresses that regret or not, it will be satisfying for you.
23. You’ll get baller breakup therapy from the people who were there for you when he wasn’t.
24. Letting go makes you brave.
25. Letting go makes you strong.
26. You’ll learn invaluable lessons about love and yourself.
27. You can wear the sweatshirt he hated and cook the meals he criticized.
28. You can pick the movie.
29. You can pick the video game.
30. You can pick the restaurant.
31. You can pick the Pandora station.
32. You can pick your nose.
33. You can stay out late without worrying him.
34. You can sing in the shower without annoying him.
35. You can pretty much do whatever the fuck you want.
36. He sucks the life out of you.
37. He makes you angry and depressed all the time.
38. You need yourself more than you need him.
39. Your next relationship will be better because you’ll know how much you’re willing to tolerate.
40. You can start meeting new people.
41. You’ll be one step closer to meeting the right person.
42. You can finally find out what life after him looks like.
43. You can shamelessly make yourself a breakup playlist.
44. You can shamelessly watch your favorite romantic comedies and ugly cry.
45. Your friends can introduce you to the people they’ve always wanted to set you up with.
46. You can take a vacation. You deserve it.
47. You’ll have more time and room to pursue everything else you’re passionate about.
48. You’ll experience the bittersweet victory of radical change and growth.
49. A lot of people are rooting for you and your happiness.
50. You’ll have new things to write about.
51. He’s never going to get any better at calling and texting you back.
52. He’s never going to get any better at remembering what you like in bed.
53. He’s never going to get any better at making you a priority.
54. He’s never going to get any better at hearing you out.
55. He’s never going to get any better at giving you the love and attention you need and deserve.
56. You will acquire shameless access to delicious comfort food.
57. You can experience the hilarious satisfaction of singing this anthem as you pack your shit and leave. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g
58. You can go do that thing he never wanted to do with you.
59. You’ll be doing yourself a huge favor, though you may not realize it until you’ve healed.
60. You will not die without him. I promise.
61. You’ll develop coping skills that will carry you through the rest of your life.
62. You can mentally rewind to life before you met him. You can start over.
63. He doesn’t deserve you.
64. It’ll be hard, and you need to prove to yourself that you can get through hard things. Because unfortunately, life will never stop being hard.
65. Life just might surprise you with a new love interest or another opportunity you may otherwise miss if you stay.
66. You’ll cultivate mad self-respect.
67. The version of him you cling to in your head is not who he really is.
68. He probably has a really gross habit. Tell me I’m wrong.
69. If you can ditch your junk food or caffeine habit, you can ditch him.
70. Leaving him behind may be risky, but staying is even riskier. Just think about how much you’ve put on the line for him and how little you’ve gotten in return.
71. You know in your gut that the end is near anyway.
72. He makes you unhappy, whereas you should be feeling the complete opposite.
73. Life is too short to waste your time.
74. You’re better off alone than you are with someone who brings you pain.
75. You just read this entire article, which means you probably needed a hell of a lot of convincing. So choose yourself.