1. A couple from Indiana who are on their first trip abroad and seem to be having the time of their lives! You maybe walk in on them having sex on the top bunk and it’s almost like they want you to join in? What to do?
2. The guy who just graduated from a liberal arts college who has decided to take a year off between undergrad and graduate school to backpack around the world. Believes in political conspiracies and will keep you up late at night explaining in detail how capitalism and government are literally the worst.
3. A student at the local university who simply can’t afford to live on campus anymore. That or maybe he got kicked out of the dorms because he got caught growing weed/etc in his room.
4. Someone traveling on their own with a boyfriend or girlfriend back home. You will sleep with this person (BUT WEAR A CONDOM!!!!).
5. Bros from every single nationality, country, and language.
6. A person who does not understand the international concept of “sleeping in” and wakes up at 6 a.m. to do stretches.
7. There will be at least one white person with dreadlocks. At least.
8. An extremely attractive foreign person who is even more attractive because they speak a language you don’t understand.
9. Groups of people who are there to PAAAARRTY, only you’re not invited so, yeah, hope you have your own social life.
10. The love of your life. You’ll become hostel-buddies, hanging out all the time, doing things together, finding a place to have sex when you can. The two or three days you spend together will seem like an eternity, and you’ll make promises to see them again and visit them in their country. Maybe you will and maybe you won’t, but nothing can take away from the three awesome days you had together.