1. Why are you moving in together? Living with someone you love can be fantastic, you’ve just got to make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons.
2. Are you moving in together because you live in an expensive city and it would just be so much cheaper and convenient to save money and live with the person you’re having sex with?
3. What about finances? Will you have a joint savings account?
4. Are your sleep schedules compatible?
5. WILL THE SEX GET BETTER OR STOP ENTIRELY? How will you get around a sex slump?
6. Do you already know his or her neuroses? What if he clips his toenails on the living room table and forgets about them. Can you live with this 24/7?
7. How will you deal with arguments and conflict? Will you hold in the little things that piss you off or will you bring them up? And for that matter have you already had a substantial argument and came out on the other side stronger than ever?
8. What will you do if you break up?
9. Have you traveled together somewhere for multiple days in a row without wanting to kill each other?
10. Even if you stay at her place 4 or 5 nights in a row and love it are you always excited to go back to yours?
11. How big should the new place be? How much personal space will you need?
12. Should you move into hers or should she move to yours? Or should you actually just get a brand new place together, free from the ghosts of each other’s sexual past?
13. Will you both keep a savings account in the event of a break up?
14. Have you seen each other sick or in the middle of a medical emergency? Do you know who to call in case something terrible happens?
15. What will change for the better in the relationship if you move in together?
16. Or could it damage the relationship?
17. One day you come home early and he’s surrounded by teddy bears and jacking off on the kitchen table watching bukkake porn with headphones on. Have you discussed the deal breakers that will make you mad or leave you running for the door?
18. How clean are you? Will you be the one washing the dishes all the time? Or are you completely fine living in total filth?
19. He’s more urban chic but you’re definitely more country western. Whose design taste will win?
20. What side of the bed do you like to sleep on?
21. How much personal space do you need?
22. How will you communicate when you just need a little “me” time?
23. Are you prepared to say when something is bothering you instead of saying “nothing” or “No I’m not mad at you. Why would I be mad at you?”
Living together with your boyfriend or girlfriend is great. But you’ve got to make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons. Be absolutely sure that living together will bring you closer together, not push you apart.