Yesterday it felt like -52 degrees in Chicago. What the actual fuck? How is it so cold outside that Mother Nature is like, “Wait, I actually owe y’all some degrees, brb!” I haven’t seen snow like this in a while, not to mention experienced cold like this because, thanks to global warming, it almost never gets this bad in New York. But here I am, freezing in Chicago. As sit here at a coffee shop, fingers still too cold to type, face still thawing down to room temperature, socks cold from all the snow I crushed to get here, all I can think about right now is maxin-n-relaxin on a beach somewhere with a bunch of oiled dudes feeding me Sour Patch Kids. These 27 songs are the next best thing to being on a beach, so blast these joints up real loud as you dance around your apartment in those awful thermal undies!
1. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, “Summertime”
8. The Notorious B.I.G., “Big Poppa”
10. Jennifer Lopez, “Love Don’t Cost A Thing”
11. Destiny’s Child, “Bug-A-Boo”
12. Brandy & Monica, “The Boy Is Mine”
13. Aaliyah, “Are You That Somebody”
14. Christina Aguilera, “Genie In A Bottle”
16. Vanilla Ice, “Ice Ice Baby”
20. Color Me Badd, “I Wanna Sex You Up”
22. Quad City DJs, “C’Mon ‘N Ride It (The Train)”
23. Robyn, “Do You Know (What It Takes)”
24. Ricky martin, “Livin La Vida Loca”
26. Missy Elliott, “The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)”
Do you feel warmer yet?