50 + 50 = 100. And that’s 8 more than 92.
We all “settle” on certain things in life. However, a relationship should under no circumstances, be one of those things. You should be with someone who invests just as much as you do. Otherwise, you’re in a one-sided relationship that, inevitably, will never survive. No matter how hard you fight it, or how hard you try. The sad truth is that people will treat you however you allow them to, good or bad. When you allow it, you’re encouraging it. If you accept someone who only half-ass cares about you, that’s all you will get until you demand more.
Here’s how you know someone isn’t giving you 100%:
1. The things they tell you aren’t drawing a parallel with their actions. They say they want to see you or talk to you, but never follow through and make the effort.
2. In fact, they will say whatever they think you want to hear in that moment. Basically, whatever shuts you up.
3. It’s all give and no take. You feel as if you’re continuously providing generosity, but it’s never reciprocated.
4. You don’t feel appreciated.
5. You’re physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausted.
6. Even after you address the issue multiple times, nothing changes.
7. If you were to cut down on your efforts, you know it will create a void. So you continue to try, perhaps even harder.
8. You’re anxious about everything, all the time. Racking your brain, trying to figure out why you feel this way. The reason: you’re ignoring everything your heart and brain are telling you, which is to get out.
9. You feel like you’re going insane, and you actually start to resent them. After time, you grow tired from exertion, and the relationship is slowly becoming lackluster.
10. You get to a point where you don’t even bring it up anymore because you’re worried they will disengage from the relationship altogether. Maybe they’ve even threatened to walk away in the past, therefore you avoid rocking the boat. Deep down, you’re scared they’ll walk away and never turn back.
11. You’re reading this article.
Chances are, this person doesn’t even want a relationship, which is why they’re only offering the bare minimum. Eventually, you will realize that you are worthy of so much more. You’ll come to understand that life is far too short to waste time on those who require so much effort. You deserve someone who isn’t constantly disappointing you, and never fails to give you 100%.
You deserve someone who recognizes the amazing person you are and adores you even when you’re being difficult. Someone who reminds you every single day how special you are, and makes you feel wanted. Someone who doesn’t see you as an option, and talks about your future together. You deserve flowers for no reason, and the most random but cute post-it notes reminding you how much they care. Someone who makes you feel safe, and takes pride in merely standing next to you. A person who responds to your messages, answers your calls, stands by their word, and refuses to let you go.