1. “I had an ex-boyfriend who managed to carve a 3-foot heart-shaped hole into the plaster of my attic wall. It would have been funny and kind of sweet, if I hadn’t broken up with him the week before. I still don’t know how he got in the house.”
3. “My ex cheated on me with a prostitute, 3 days before our 2yr anniversary, on my spare mattress I had at his house, and filmed it. That’s how I found out. Asshole.”
5. “I had an ex who came at me with a carving knife once. He was a drunkard and wanted to kill me because I’d broken the glass in our back door window; I actually broke the glass with my shoulder, because he was chasing me with a razor blade at the time…his sick idea of a joke or pervy sex, I think? Another time I came home from my mum’s house, and same said boyfriend was jacking-up with my insulin, because he’d lost all his money on the horses. Silly me called an ambulance; I often wished I hadn’t over the years until I finally had the guts to leave him.”
7. “He found out about my new boyfriend and showed up at my work and caused a huge scene calling me a whore and a cheater and then left….When I got home he was waiting for me in my room and pushed me into my door and choked me….I told him he better leave or I was either calling the cops or my brothers and he better hope it was the cops because my brothers would probably be worse (I should have called both, but didn’t). He then started to harass me, stalk me & somehow got my new number….He was dating a new girl and sent me a video of her giving him head. It was so disturbing….Then he got a tattoo of me and sent me a picture of it….He still has that tattoo too. He’s now married….I wonder what his wife thinks.”
9. “Among many other bizarre and nutty things, my crazy ex-husband tells our 5-yr-old autistic son that Jesus gave him his gun. I thought to myself that my son must have misunderstood something. So, the opportunity arose tonight to clear the air. My son brought it up in front of his Dad (because he gets stuck on subjects and repeats things over and over). I commented gently to my son, and in front of Dad, that Jesus does not give people guns. I went on to say that people buy guns if they choose to, but that Jesus has nothing to do with it….Dad flips out and threatens to take me to Court because he said that the Bible says that we have the right to bear arms. I’m guessing he doesn’t know the difference between the Bible and the Constitution and obviously doesn’t understand causes of action. Having to deal with his stupid ass every couple of days is just freaking Awesome!”
11. “I’d had enough; I started packing my things and called my friend’s dad to pick me up. When he got here my ex threw a recliner chair off the balcony and nearly missed his car. They started yelling at each other and then my ex went inside and started loading his gun. That’s when they called the cops and when they came they were rough on him….Next thing I know I’m getting calls and texts all night saying he’s going to kill himself….I think I have every reason to be scared because the only time my ex will actually do anything is at night when I’m home alone and he’s at work.”
13. “My ex threated suicide all the time. I called 911 a few times to report it and they would show up at his house and he was totally fine and acted like he had no idea why I called. I finally wised up and moved 400 miles away to get rid of him. One night I got a call from a cop telling me I needed to leave him alone and give him space bc he was going through a hard time. I’m still not sure how not speaking to him and moving away wasn’t giving him space and leaving him alone. They ended up taking him to a psychiatric hospital that night and he stayed for a few weeks. Good times.”
15. “I had an ex go nuts when we got stationed six hours apart. He would call all day and be pissed when I didn’t answer. (I was at work and no cell phones were allowed in the explosive area.) He would walk around the second floor of the barracks and spy on me, but text that he was still driving. I took leave to go visit my family, he surprised me by buying himself a ticket to come visit, uninvited, and after only 2 months of dating. But the worst thing he did TRIGGER he faked his own suicide, sent me pics of his bloody slit wrists and left a voicemail saying, “bye honey, I’ll miss you.” End trigger. Turns out it was fake blood.”
17. “My ex had serious issues with depression and OCD that he self-medicated with alcohol and Valium. There’s a bunch but the straw that broke the camel’s back:
“I was out with friends one night. He decided that throwing beer bottles against the walls and walking on them was a good idea. Came back to the apartment the next morning and there was blood everywhere. I mean everywhere. It looked like someone had been slaughtered. I will never, ever forget the smell. I found him in the bedroom. It took me a while to wake him but as soon as I saw him stir and say something, I left. I got to work and some coworkers went to check on him and took him to the hospital. Later he asked me why I didn’t call an ambulance and what if he had died…. I told it was because I didn’t care if he lived or died. It was a hard awakening for me to know I had a feeling like a truly couldn’t care less about the life of another human being.”
19. “I came home from work one night at the dog food plant (gag, worst job ever.) And hear sobbing from the back room. I was use to his drunky-drunk crybaby episodes by then, and honestly not in the mood to be a good supporting gf and go comfort him, and baby him, and all that jazz. But I decided to do so anyways. After all maybe he would pass out sooner then, and I would get sleep before going to my 2nd job.
“I opened the backroom door, and there is ex spread eagle on the floor wearing my very 1990s prom/bridesmaid dress, with lipstick smeared down his chin, sobbing over pictures of MY high school prom, and year books, and pictures of MY cousin’s wedding, blubbering like a demented hairy fat Ken doll that “She just didn’t love you enough, you just don’t love me enough either!”
“Ripped open box of wine with the empty plastic inserts we’re laying around, a ice cream bucket full of wine, and nail polish, lip stick, magic markers were spilled, smeared and thrown all over. And the empty fish bowl I used to just toss change in was filled with what looked like piss.
“I really should have called 911 or something, but I was young and dumb. And not a good person. I just closed the door and went to my bff’s to sleep on her couch.”
21. “I had an abusive boyfriend in high school who literally body-slammed me on concrete once (among many other altercations). I broke up with him and had to get a restraining order. I moved out of town not long after. FF 13 years and he finds me on Facebook (I hadn’t seen or spoken to him at all in that 13 years) and proceeds to cyber stalk me and harass my boyfriend. Threatened to kill him and everything. Even said the typical “if I can’t have you nobody can” line. Huge red flag! We blocked him on all social media and a week later get a call from from old friend. He said that the ex stalker boyfriend was dead and that his mom was looking for me. Well, my interest was piqued, so I called her. Turns out he had committed suicide and left in his letter that all he ever wanted was to be with me and since I’m married he had no reason to live. His mom said he only dated one girl in that 13 years and her first name was the same as mine. Apparently he had never gotten over me and looking back every time he abused me it was right after I would attempt to break up with him. I know this sounds cold, but I’m glad he’s gone. He’s the type that would find where I live and hurt my kid or husband to hurt me.”