“I want to lose weight, but I can’t do it.”
“Will I find the right person to have a relationship with?”
“I want to start working out, but I’m afraid I’m going to give up again.”
“Where can I find strength now that I’m struggling?”
You will find the strength within yourself! Perhaps you’ve disconnected from your vigor, the sense of energy and courage that propels humans and allows us to get unstuck and move forward. All you have to do is reconnect with your inner strength and harness it to manage your difficulties and achieve your goals.
All people have an internal monologue, the voice within us that speaks to us and directs us into our daily lives. Our inner monologue is the conversation we have with ourselves to make small or big choices in our lives: whether I want cold or hot coffee, whether I’d rather eat chicken with salad or a burger with fries, whether to go out for drinks or head to the gym, whether to commit in my relationship or break up, etc. The inner monologue reminds us of our values and helps us find meaning in life. Our internal talk also determines how we feel. So a better inner monologue that serves as a pep talk is bound to get us further along with our wishes and goals. Here are some mini yet mighty pep talks.
1. I can learn something from this situation and become a stronger person.
2. This is a chance to try something new.
3. I have the power to change my mind.
4. The fact that I tried to do this thing shows that I have the courage, and I am proud of myself and my effort.
5. I’m a strong and capable person, and I’m going to make it.
6. Even though I didn’t get the result I wanted, I learned a lot about myself, and I’ll keep going strong.
7. I’ll do my best to succeed.
8. I can’t control how others think, what they do, or what they say. But I can control how I respond.
9. Tomorrow’s a new day, and I’ll try again.
10. I still have a long way to go, but I have faith in myself and my abilities.
11. I’m a stronger person today than yesterday.
12. I’m proud of myself for…
13. I choose to see something beautiful in my day.
14. I’m grateful for…
15. I will treat myself and those around me with kindness.
16. I enjoy the small joys of life.
17. No one can make me feel bad against my will.
18. Today, I choose to feel good, no matter what.
19. I show love and kindness to myself.
20. My goal for today is to feel joy and contentment.
21. I have assets and flaws like anyone, but at the same time, I am a unique and special person.