1. There are marked down flower bouquets out there waiting to brighten up your place for the low, low price of $2.99. And a bright kitchen with sunflowers: priceless.
2. Fall means the beginning of the season that allows you to stay in whenever you feel like it because of “weather.” It’s the magical time of the year when it starts getting “too cold to go out! SO sorry.” And on any uncharacteristically cold nights, you have a readymade excuse to make hot coca.
3. And yet, it is still kind of warm enough outside to rationalize buying a pint of ice cream whenever you feel like it.
4. You can also watch 30 Rock as soon as you get home, if you want. That’s not just a real truth, that’s a PSA.
5. You do not have to apologize or feel guilty for being authentically you. We forget that this is a true statement, because people who make us feel inferior lead us to believe that it’s a lie. But it’s not. You don’t owe anyone guilt for being yourself.
6. For every difficult situation, there is a Ryan Gosling meme to remedy it. God bless the internet.
7. You are brave enough to just be honest about how you’re feeling. Whether that means you need to be open with your boss about feeling stuck, or you need to be honest with a friend or S.O. about how they’re not making you feel great about yourself, you are confident enough to speak up.
8. If you ever need to feel soothed, any time is a good time to make a big cup of peppermint tea. And it’s practically clinically proven that warm beverages are calming and good for the soul. I’m pretty sure science has confirmed that. Maybe.
9. Also, there is nothing wrong with watching 80 videos of old Olympic gymnastics routines. Or montages of people winning medals. There’s really nothing more moving.
10. No matter how old you are, or how old you get, you can be whatever you want when you grow up. (Seriously, there are some sweet-ass retirement jobs out there. I’m going to work on a vineyard in my retirement.)
11. There are people in this world who love you, and that will never change. It’s really important to remember that, especially if you’re going through a hard time right now, or love didn’t end up the way you wanted it to. But there are still so many people who love you.
12. If you walk down your street for long enough, you are almost GUARANTEED to see a dog. And there is always joy in a good dog spotting.
13. When all else fails, you can ALWAYS go full taco bar. Gather all the fixings, make homemade guac, marinate chicken or fry some fish, get too many cheeses. That wasn’t really a “truth,” but don’t lie, it lifted your mood.
14. The love that existed between Hallie and Annie’s parents in The Parent Trap is REAL. Believe in it.
15. The stresses in your life were not originally put there to stress you out. Buying presents for family members, returning calls, going to routine check-ups at the doctor; all stressors, but none actually exist for the purpose of stressing you out.
16. If you make a list of all the things you’re grateful for, and a list of all the things you’re frustrated or upset about, and are truly honest, the first list would be longer (almost) every time.
17. The worst thing that can happen when you put yourself out there (in any situation, romantic or otherwise), is that you get turned down. And in the grand scheme of things, that really isn’t bad at all.
18. Whenever it feels like you don’t have a plan, and all the moving parts in your life are just too overwhelming, you can always just take things one step at a time. There are no rules against that.
19. Flossing is not only better for your dental hygiene, it is also like a massage for your face. And it’s a great form of procrastination.
20. No one has ever sat down and proved that astrology ISN’T real. (Actually, I’m not positive about that, but I feel strongly that I can believe my horoscope if I damn well want to, and you can too.)
21. There are millions of possibilities ahead of you, and no matter what path you go down, if you work hard and try to be the best version of yourself, you can succeed.