1. Beauty does not lie in being broken. Instead, beauty rises from what you decide to do with the broken pieces.
2. The person that you were in your school days, is likely to be different from the person you become in your university days.
3. You itch to finish high school to get out to college. But you would be itching to stay in college when the days of the working world are approaching.
4. Your childhood and upbringing shapes who you are in more ways than you think. Children tend to learn and mimic their parents. Hence, be mindful of the kind of person that you want to be.
5. “The prettiest smiles hide the deepest secrets. The prettiest eyes have cried the most tears, and the kindest hearts have felt the most pain.”
6. Just because you have been doing something all your life, it does not necessarily mean that it is right.
7. You are harsher on yourself in comparison to the standards you subject the people around you to.
8. Do not be afraid to question what you believe. You may be afraid that you are showing signs of doubt, but there is an increased strength in the foundation of what you believe when you do return.
9. You may want to spread kindness and love, but not everyone is keen to make this world a better place.
10. Do not underestimate the importance of caring for your mental health. What you feel is valid. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health.
11. Vulnerability is not weakness, rather, it is strength!
12. Instead of saying that you don’t know what you got till it’s gone, I would say instead to not take this life for granted.
13. Do not be afraid to take every opportunity you can to celebrate, appreciate, and love the people in your life. Spend quality time with them, talk to them, give unexpected gifts they would love — be there for them.
14. On the dark days, you may feel alone. But know that you are never alone because there are people around you who can both understand and relate to what you are going through.
15. There were many days where you will feel that you are unable to get through this life. The truth of the matter is, you had — and you will have many more days like this. But you will get through this, just like you have done before.
16. As you grow older, you will become more critical of yourself. It is okay to be introspective and reflect on your progress — but it is not okay to tear apart your self-worth based on the expectations you have for yourself.
17. The more we are exposed to the world, the more the idea of loving ourselves starts to become foreign.
18. What you are passionate about has the power to heal. It may not be something that helps you financially, but your passion will be what keeps you going.
19. Just because someone has achieved something that you have not had the chance to achieve yet, it does not mean that you have failed. Contrary to society’s standards, we are all running to our own individual pace — it is just not your time yet.
20. A smile is able to conceal so much. Look out for the people in your life.
21. Forgiveness may be painful, difficult, and heart-wrenching. Forgiveness may seem weak on the surface, but at the end of the day, forgiveness heals you more than hatred ever could. Forgiveness is still the greatest feat that you can ever achieve.
22. Empathy goes a long way for the people in your life. But please, apply some of that empathy and love to yourself — you deserve it.