1. You realize that you don’t have to hit a certain milestone, be accomplished, successful, settled down, and ‘have-it-all’ by 25.
2. You’re content to be where you are now. You know that it is perfectly okay to feel lost, aimless, and be struggling at any age.
3. You are unfazed by failure and accept that it is part of life. You know that failure is a stepping-stone towards success.
4. You’ve survived your first heartbreak and many rejections that followed. You still believe in love and you have become stronger as a result.
5. You choose forgiveness over hatred, for your own sake, so that you can gain peace and closure.
6. You learn that the working world is realistic and harsh; however, you don’t let it deter you. You’re still hustling and doing the best you can to survive.
7. You attempt to make healthier choices, be it in your diet or trying to incorporate exercise into your daily routine, no matter how small they are.
8. You’re able to make hard choices and think of the bigger picture, be it waking up and going to work even when that is the last thing you want, or walking away from a toxic relationship.
9. You’ve experienced loss. You probably lost someone and something important to you, be it a job, a family member, or a romantic partner. You have learned to see the light at the end of the tunnel and be hopeful that after the most unimaginable losses, things always turn out better.
10. You practice gratitude whenever you can. You know that life can get overwhelming and difficult; however, you learn to see and appreciate every little blessing in your life.
11. You learn to listen to your gut instinct and to your body. You trust what your instinct tells you and you take a break when you need to.
12. You’re comfortable in your skin. You know what kind of clothes flatter you and you take pride in your appearance by being presentable.
13. You live life to the fullest. You say yes to spontaneous plans, fun weekend dates, and getaway vacations, instead of staying in every single day and living vicariously through social media.
14. You don’t compare yourself to others, as you know that everyone’s journey is different. You take social media with a pinch of salt and don’t believe everything you see.
15. You pay attention to what you think on a daily basis. You try to avoid negativity that would crush your spirit and you actively seek out and think positive thoughts that empowers you.
16. You let go of toxic people in your life. You’ve accepted that people come and go and you have learned not to take it personally.
17. You view learning as a lifelong experience. You continue to enroll in classes, read to nourish your mind, and treat your past experiences as valuable lessons.
18. You’re willing to take the risk instead of staying in your comfort zone. Changes may be scary, but you do your best to accept and adapt to the situation instead of trying to resist.
19. You live in the present moment. You don’t idealize the past or wish that you could fast forward to the future. You are content and mindful to be in the moment.
20. You put in effort into the relationships in your life, no matter how busy you are. You make time for your friends and you establish some form of relationship with your parents.
21. You place less emphasis on what people think of you, and more of what you want for yourself. You don’t let others deter you from chasing after your dreams and you live for yourself.
22. You have high expectation towards your life, be it your career, relationships, and self-improvement. You refuse to settle for anything less than what you deserve.
23. You’re not afraid to be your true authentic self. You’re real with the people close to you and you’re honest with your feelings and opinions.
24. You are willing to have difficult conversations, voice your needs and stand up for yourself, no matter how intimidating and scary it may seem.
25. You keep an open mind and understand that your life path changes as you grow older. The ambition you have at 20 is likely to be different from what you want at 25. You realize that the most important thing is to do what feels right for you.