1. Don’t take rejection personally. We have a limited time on earth and life is too short for any regret. Go ahead and make the first move. Confess your feelings. Wear your heart on your sleeve. For we only regret the chances we didn’t take.
2. Go with the flow, be in the moment, and don’t overthink. Understand that life is happening right now. Stay in the present and enjoy the journey instead of thinking of the past, or worrying about the future.
3. Be honest about your feelings. Don’t play mind games and pretend you don’t like him when you do. Don’t lead him on if you don’t.
4. Let go of old, limiting beliefs that you don’t deserve happiness. Instead, learn to be grateful everyday. Think of all the little blessings in your life. Say thank you as often as you can.
5. Put yourself out there. Say yes to life. To the blind date, the group gathering, and spontaneous weekend getaway. The best memories in life are often unplanned.
6. Be open-minded. Look past imperfection and be less judgmental. Throw away the checklist of your ideal person and be in tune with your feelings.
7. Take good care of yourself. Eat healthily, exercise, and have enough sleep. When you feel yourself getting tense, take a deep breaths and relax.
8. Put yourself first. Hold yourself in high regard and know your worth. Never settle for a relationship that doesn’t stir your heart and make you happy.
9. Let go of old relationships. Stop stalking your ex over their social media and thinking of people who’ve moved on. Understand that every ending brings a new beginning.
10. Be kind to yourself. Celebrate how far you’ve come. Compliment and affirm how great you are. The only validation you need is from yourself.
11. Don’t be fixated on finding love. Acknowledge that there is more to life than romantic love. Appreciate that you are greatly loved by your family and friends.
12. Make yourself attractive and presentable. First impressions matter. Take pride in your appearance. You can reinvent your look and rock a new style for the New Year.
13. Be driven in your life and have goals. Hustle and put in one hundred percent effort in what you do be it your work, your hobbies, and your passions.
14. Know what kind of relationship you want. Reflect on your past relationships and think of the deal breakers you cannot accept, as well as the personal values you stand by and refuse to compromise on.
15. Enjoy your time alone. Be comfortable in your own skin. Take yourself out on dates. Try new things, get out of your comfort zone, and embrace uncertainty.
16. Stay true to yourself. Listen to yourself and live the life you want, not the life you think you should have.
17. Be optimistic about love. Just because things didn’t work out in the past doesn’t mean things will always remain this way. Know that all the love you want is already inside you. It’s up to you to attract the love you deserve.