I was asked by one of my friends to write down a list of songs that define who I am as a person. I’ve never been a music person. I love music don’t get me wrong, but I’ve always defined myself through my writing never through music. Hell, I don’t actually think its accurate to narrow down certain songs and say that they define who you are or what you believe.
In my case, there are song that have made such an impact in my life that I will remember them even when I’m old and frail and loud music hurts my ears too much to enjoy.
I’m sorry to tell you that no, these songs don’t define who I am. But they pinpoint certain memories that have occurred throughout my life, some good and some bad but they are there and I claim them! A little piece of me is in every lyric. The soundtrack to my life!!! & I think its pretty amazing.
1. Rhythm and Soul – Spoon
2. Hey Hey What Can I Do – Led Zeppelin
Anything by Led Zeppelin is amazing. This song in particular is just sexy :) Or maybe that’s just Robert Plant’s voice. This song is the reason that Led Zeppelin is my favorite band.
3. Parabol & Parabola – Tool
4. Mind – System of A Down
5. Closer – Nine Inch Nails
When I listen to this, I want to rip someone’s clothes off.
6. You Never Give Me Your Money – The Beatles
7. Mrs. Cold – Kings of Convenience
8. Off To The Races – Lana del Rey
9. Ghasi Ram Blues – Kaya Project
10. Sadeness – Enigma
I remember listening to these…
11. Let’s Get Rocked – Def Leppard
…in the back seat…
12. I’ve Got Friends In Low Places – Garth Brooks
…of my father’s red mustang.
13. I’m a Man of Constant Sorrow – Soggy Bottom Boys
14. The Time Of The Season – The Zombies
15. Reinventing Your Exit – Underoath
This song marked the age of rock for me! Underoath was my first favorite band and even to this day I regret not seeing them live.
I should stop there. I don’t want to go too crazy with this list.
What’s the soundtrack to your life?