1. Catch up with friends at least once per week.
2. Delete your exes from social media.
3. Say ‘yes’ to more events and people in your life.
4. If you have an online dating app, try to go on a date once every two weeks.
5. If you don’t have a online dating app, get one of your choosing!
6. Nourish your body with good food and try to cut out junk food. When you feel good on the outside, you’ll feel better on the inside.
7. If you’ve never been to therapy before, try to go at least once to test it out. It doesn’t make you weak, it takes strength to take care of your mental health.
8. Write out all the reasons you love yourself. Keep it close to you when you need it most.
9. Make time for yourself even with a busy week schedule. Spend at least an hour treating yourself to a quiet and calm space to clear your head.
10. Catch up on old hobbies that you tell yourself you don’t have time for. You do as long as you make yourself your first priority.
11. If you have a bad date, don’t give up after one night. There are seven billion people in this world, believe me — there are more fish in the sea.
12. If you feel like you have anger or resentment to old flames, write them a letter expressing all of your feelings. Burn it, delete it, do whatever you want with it, but this will help give you a little closure.
13. Give everyone a fair chance! Don’t write off someone just because they have different views on politics or religions of you. Sometimes the best things come from something totally unexpected.
14. You are most like the company that you keep. Make sure you are surrounded by people who lift you up instead of knock you down. It’s unattractive to be friends with people who only want the worst for you. You are worth more than lousy friends, and you need to hold yourself to a higher standard.
15. Realize that great love is not going to happen in one day. Be patient with your heart and with your significant other.
16. Know that you may hurt someone who loves you dearly. Also know that someone who you love may hurt you terrible. Realize that this is just part of the process. Instead of being angry, look at your past loves as a great experience and learn from them.
17. Stop letting people walk all over you. Know your own worth. Know your brilliance. You will only find love, when you ultimately love yourself.
18. Be patient. You are young. You have so many new things to experience. You have so many new people to meet. Love will come your way, just know that love is not everything and finding a partner is not everything that is great in this world. You have you, you have your friends and your family. You are blessed.