1. Stop complaining about things you can’t control. Instead, start appreciating the ups and downs of life and look at it as a learning experience instead of something that is your fault.
2. Stop feeling miserable and sorry for yourself every damn time you get rejected. Instead, hold your head up high and tell yourself that the best is yet to come.
3. Stop beating yourself every time you gain a few pounds. Instead, learn how to appreciate your body for all that it does for you. And please realize that your weight is just a number. Nothing more.
4. Stop drunk texting your ex. Instead, if you feel like you can’t restrain yourself, block him or her. Sure, it might be tough at first, but you need to learn how to live without them on the back-burner.
5. Stop chasing people who don’t even give you anything back. Instead, learn how to love yourself as best as you can. Learn that you are not disposable. Realize that you are worthy of someone who can’t even give you a text back.
6. Stop holding onto people just because of your history with them. Instead, let go of friends and people who you don’t connect with. If history is the only thing holding you together, it’s time to say goodbye to that relationship.
7. Stop gossiping about people behind their backs. Instead, call up that person and honestly tell them how you feel about them. Maybe it’s cruel, but it’s more cruel to be lying to their face.
8. Stop postponing what you really want to do in your life. Instead, go after what you want and don’t wait another second. Life is short and you never know what tomorrow may bring.
9. Stop saying you aren’t good enough for that person or that career or that city. Instead, change your attitude about yourself. Understand that everyone feels this way at some point, and understand that’s its normal, but don’t let your thoughts dictate your happiness.
10. Stop giving out all your energy to other people. Instead, learn how to balance your self love and love for others. Instead, make time for yourself to regain energy that has been sucked up from giving so much of you to others.
11. Stop saying you aren’t lovable. It isn’t attractive to constantly put yourself down. Instead, believe that love will come your way when it is the right time and place. Say you are worth it. And believe it.
12. Stop spending so much of your hard earned money on things like Postmates, Chinese take out, and makeup you don’t need. Instead, make a budget for yourself like a grown up.
13. Stop brushing away your feelings. Instead, be vocal about them. Call up a friend or your therapist and talk it out. It’s a shame to bottle it all up inside in fear that you will be judged.
14. Stop treating yourself like absolute crap and garbage. Instead, look at yourself in the mirror and admire your flaws and your curves. Embrace what your momma gave you and learn to appreciate that you are you, and you can’t change that.
15. Stop ignoring your gust instinct. More likely than not, your gut instinct will be right. Instead, follow it and never doubt it.
16. Stop asking your parents for help with well, everything. You aren’t eight anymore! Instead, use common sense or at least Google. I’m almost positive you can do it on your own.
17. Stop asking for validation from others. The truth is, the only validation and love you need is from yourself. So instead of searching for love from other people, search inside of yourself.
18. Stop delaying your dreams. Give yourself permission to live the best life you can possibly live. Stop saying you don’t deserve it. You do. You do.