1. When someone mentions them in conversation, you try really hard to look nonchalant.
2. You still dream of them frequently and you wake up feeling heartbroken all over again.
3. You still send them drunk texts.
4. You still talk to them because you can’t imagine life without them.
5. You keep everything they gave you tucked away for safe keeping.
6. You use Timehop to secretly look at the times you’ve had with them.
7. When you receive a notification from them, your heart beat speeds up.
8. No matter how long it’s been, they are still the one person you want to reach out to when you are hurting.
9. When they get a new significant other, you feel like your grieving process has to start over again.
10. You get hit with nostalgia out of the blue.
11. You try to convince everyone you are over them. (Who are you trying to convince? Yourself?)
12. You stalk their new flings online. You compare yourself, and it makes your heart hurt.
13. You text them things that remind you of them like, “Hahah this song just came on!” “Just found this train ticket from our one trip! How have you been?”
14. You keep a few pieces of their clothing that they left behind.
15. You read their old letters or messages, because you want to feel what it felt like to be loved by them again.
16. Some days, you don’t think of them and are convinced you are 100% done.
17. But, then you smell someone wearing the same cologne that they did, and you realize you aren’t over them and probably will never be.
19. You overanalyze everything they send you.
20. You still think your life would have more meaning if they were in it. And you still are certain that no one could ever mean more to you, than what they meant to you.