A lot can happen in 25 years. If you’re looking for proof, just look at MTV.
Given the fact that milestones ought to be properly celebrated, we felt it’d be fun to take a trip back a musical time we should probably always hold dear. It was a time where Pitbull was a mere child and Spotify easily could’ve been the name of an alien species–but a time when we rocked hard, pondered deeply, and always danced the night away. Presenting, ’88:
1. Never Gonna Give You Up – Risk Astley
Before there was Rick-Rolling? There was Rick.
2. Heaven Is A Place On Earth – Belinda Carlisle
Still resonates, 25 years later. Always a bright spot in a world that sometimes has too few.
3. Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns ‘n Roses
Guns ‘n Roses are an 80’s mainstay. And this is probably the crown jewel of them all.
4. Every Rose Has Its Thorn – Poison
In terms of social scene sentimentality, the “Closing Time” of the 80’s. A statement I just made.
5. Man In The Mirror – Michael Jackson
80’s Michael will live on forever.
6. Kokomo – Beach Boys
Hosting an island party, are we?
7. Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard
High-octane rock. Music how it should be.
8. Give Me All Your Love – Whitesnake
With catchy, powerful anthems like Here I Go Again and Now You’re Gone, Whitesnake is an 80’s staple. Give Me All Your Love is one of the best.
9. Just Got Paid – Johnny Kemp
A song that resonates no matter what decade it is.
10. I’ll Still Be Lovin’ You — Kylie Minogue
Kylie Minogue’s music is part of the reason why 80’s themed dance parties have been one of the most popular college party themes for years.
11. Don’t Worry, Be Happy — Bobby McFerrin
Reinvigorated about a decade ago during the Big Mouth Billy Bass craze, Bobby McFerrin’s greatest hit is exactly what the title says. Worries are overrated.
12. She’s Like The Wind – Patrick Swayze
A star gone too soon. But we’ll always have this as a solid tribute.
13. Faith – George Michael
This song topped the billboard charts in 1988. And for good reason.
14. Cherry Bomb — John “Cougar” Mellencamp
“Cougar” is an American institution. Here is what he brought us in 1988.
15. Simply Irresistable — Robert Palmer
Have you ever heard this played at a Wedding? Can’t not be memorable.
“Party Like It’s 1998. Celebrating The Best Songs From A Quarter Century Ago” is brought to you by Arbella, in celebration of their 25th Anniversary.