1. Thank you for cheering me up on my worst days, even if they are your worst days too.
I know that when I have bad days, I can have tunnel vision and just focus on myself. Yet you’re always there to make me laugh or comfort me, even if you haven’t had the best day yourself.
2. Thank you for supporting me in my goals and dreams.
Maybe it means I have to put in extra time and effort that I don’t get to spend with you. Maybe it doesn’t always make sense to you. Yet no matter what, you’re always biggest supporter and the main person to keep me going when I want to give up.
3. Thank you for seeing the best in me when I can’t always do it myself.
I tend to be my own worst critic, and sometimes I can find the flaws in me easier than anything else. Yet you still look at me like someone who is the most amazing person to ever exist, and you affirm that to me all the time.
4. Thank you for helping me grow into a better person.
It can be easy to forget that when you’re in a relationship for so long, people begin to change from who they were at the beginning. I’m grateful that you always push me into the right direction and motivate me to become the kind of person I want to be, as well as the kind of person who deserves a love like yours.
5. Thank you for actually taking an interest in the things I love, even if they drive you crazy.
I know you don’t love my renditions of “Hamilton” at the top of my lungs, or couldn’t care less about the plot lines happening in “This Is Us”, but you still take the time to listen and even attempt to enjoy those things with me.
6. Thank you for all the little things you do, even if you think I don’t notice.
When you cook me dinner and have it ready when I get there, when you buy my coffee without my asking, when you compliment me on anything: just know that I notice and I don’t thank you enough for them.
7. Thank you for all the big things you do, and not caring if everyone notices.
When you kiss me in front of your friends, standing up for me in a crowded room, or perform some grand romantic gesture: I appreciate that you aren’t embarrassed to do things in public to show you care about me.
8. Thank you for sticking it out with me when things get difficult.
Not every single day is perfect, or even a good one, but the fact that you’re always willing to talk things out with me and find a way to fix things shows me that you’re in this, too.
9. Thank you for allowing me to be my own person.
You don’t expect my whole world to revolve around you, you just love being part of it. You don’t encourage me to ignore my friends or monopolize all my time to spent only with you, because you know that I’ll always make time for us.
10. Thank you for showing me you love me not just on certain holidays, but all the time.
It can be easy to show affection on the days that call for it, but you don’t just pick and choose the certain days you love me, but you show me in your own ways every single day.
11. Thank you for just being here, with me, every day.
Even if I don’t say it enough, I can’t imagine my life without you in it, and I hope I never have to.