1. Edward Snowden had no business leaking information. There was and is no need to make the public panic. All these intelligence and counter-intelligence policies and activities were devised and enacted for the benefit and security of the general public. To release this information is to burden the public with knowledge that is overwhelming.
2. If your significant other is cheating on you then that’s their business. It’s probably not in your best interest to know about it. If he/she decides to keep it from you but showers you with love and support despite that then that should be enough. Why should someone come in with information of your partner’s infidelity wanting to terminate your current reality? It’s very selfish on their part.
3. Ellen Degeneres sucks at show hosting. Yeah, I said it.
4. Justin Bieber’s new Instagram username @bizzle is the greatest a.k.a known to man. His transformation from annoying teeny-bopper popstar to badboy-wanna-be-black-rabble-rouser is almost complete.
5. Shia LaBeouf needs a reality check. You were not that big of a star anyway. The words written on the bag on top of his head should have read “attention seeker: indulge me pretty please.”
6. There is no need for a trial South African Olympic medalist Oscar Pistorius who is facing charges in a month’s time for his girlfriend’s murder. In my opinion, he has already been found guilty. The Blade Runner’s personal life is on blast for everyone to see and the impending trial by media is not going to serve him any good. Already, South African pay-to-view TV network DSTV is launching two channels dedicated to broadcasting the trial. He might as well get his mind adjusted to the prison life because it’s straight to jail for him.
7. Jimmy Fallon’s official takeover as host of The Tonight Show is a godsend. Now we can genuinely laugh because the joke is funny and not because I think of the three little pigs’ story every time I look at Jay Leno’s chinny chin chin.
8. Hollywood needs to retire the movies with the premise of machines taking over control of the world, it will never happen. Writers have been churning out sci-fi novels for years and still with the advancement of technology going at such a rapid pace, none of it has come to pass. Unfortunately for scriptwriters who adapt these novels, we are too self serving and superiority driven to handover all control to some droid.
9. Oscar award winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman’s death has been ruled as an accidental drug overdose. Forgive my brashness but it is absolute bullshit. In his system it was found a cocktail of cocaine, heroin and amphetamines. This was not an accident because when you take those drugs you already know you are dicing with death. Forget dancing with death, you are giving it a lap dance while straddling him naked. I have a problem with media trying to downplay influential individuals’ behavior when they pass on. Hoffman might be talented but that does not mean we should hide or downplay their indiscretions. In trying to save face ultimately glamorising the sex and drugs lifestyle and it is sickening. He should be celebrated but let’s not set a bad precedent by ignoring the dangers of recreational drug use.
10. Ugandan President Yuweri Museveni who recently passed an anti-gay law is within his rights to have that bill implemented. Although it is inhumane and contravenes so many international laws, all the international community can do is put pressure on him to reconsider but they can’t change another country’s law.