I’ll start by saying: I…..JUST….CAN’T. I am still recovering from last night. Shonda Rhimes, how? Why? What did we do to you to deserve this? Also, if you don’t watch Scandal, you will have no idea what is going on in this post. BUT IF YOU DON’T WATCH SCANDAL, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WITH YOUR LIFE THOUGH?
The following list includes spoiler alerts. Continue at your own risk.
- You do not have daddy issues unless you have daddy issues like Olivia and Fitz.
- You do not have relationship/extramarital affairs issues unless you are Olivia and Fitz.
- If you are married, you are no longer allowed to complain about your father-in-law unless your father-in-law is Fitz’s dad.
- If Mellie can stay married to Fitz after all that she has been through….well, damn, society’s divorce rate really needs to check itself.
- If you don’t know who your baby’s daddy is, as long as you can sleep at night knowing it’s not between your husband and father in-law, everything in life is kosher.
- Quinn’s new role should be a reminder to all of us that fine lesson our parents taught us when we were five years old: MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! I have always found nosy people to be the worst, so let this be a lesson to you all.
- My heart broke at the rape scene. I was so uncomfortable and disgusted and frustrated. Why? Because this happens to women all the time. Women across cultures are raped by men they know and “trust.” Research suggests that a woman is more likely to be raped in a familiar place by familiar people and that includes in the home. This also means she is less likely to be believed, and to report the incident – often feeling forced into silence. And while there will be numerous critiques of that scene last night, and while I cannot imagine the kind of triggers it might have brought about for female rape victims especially; in the context of many women’s experiences, sadly, it was arguably a realistic portrayal.
- Also, is anybody else finally #TeamMellie? (I know some of you finally are; side eye for rooting for the side chick for as long as you were.) She has been put through the hell and the high water and she is still standing! You and I both know Mellie is that woman who society will term a frigid bitch without knowing her side of the story. Now you know.
- Orwell. “People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” – Ain’t that the truth?!
- If you can’t find anything to be grateful for today, take solace in the fact that your life is not like a Scandal character’s. No matter how real all your emotions are, when you are watching the show.
- Finally, OLIVIA’S MUM IS ALIVE?
image – pf7jhc/ Youtube