1. A piece of jewelry or other special memento to celebrate an achievement. Buying your own jewelry to highlight a moment in your life, like graduating college or starting a new job, is not only fulfilling but will bring back memories every time you put it on or look at it in your jewelry box.
2. A great dinner with friends. One of the most satisfying experiences in life is enjoying a nice meal either by yourself or with the people you love. Treat yourself to a fancy dinner at a restaurant you’ve been dying to try.
3. Fresh flowers. Sometimes a woman just needs to buy herself some flowers to brighten up her day.
4. An upgrade on everyday household items. There are so many things we use everyday in our homes from kitchenware to bedding that have a greater impact on us we might not even realize. Whether you’re upgrading your pillows from the $4 ones at Target to higher quality ones, little changes like that can make a big difference in overall satisfaction with life.
5. A quality moisturizer. Whether it’s your legs or your face, a woman needs a quality moisturizer to tackle the crappy weather and other elements that impact her skin. The great thing about picking a moisturizer is that it doesn’t have to be expensive to be effective. One of my faves to use for an all over body lotion is classic Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Lotion.
6. A book. In hardcover. This one might be something only book lovers (who prefer real books vs digital) can relate to but when you’ve been waiting for a new book to come out by your favorite author, there’s something that feels so good about going to the bookstore the day it comes out and buying it brand new (or patiently waiting for the UPS guy to show up).
7. Nice lingerie. Lounging around in lingerie isn’t just something to do to entice your partner or potential Tinder date. Investing in a sexy bra and panties to wear under your everyday clothes can give you a little extra confidence, even if you’re the only one who sees it.
8. Pizza. Obviously.
9. All the essentials for a relaxing evening alone. Buy some candles, bubble bath, your favorite vice, and pick a night you want to take time off of worrying about work, your friends, classes, whatever, and let yourself indulge. This can be especially rewarding if you’ve accomplished or overcome something particularly stressful that week.
10. A new perfume. Spend an afternoon walking around a department store discovering new scents and deciding which perfume is your new favorite. Ask for samples if you’re unsure or dive in and buy a whole bottle if you really love one.