“The Hills” might just be one of the best television shows ever. I’m rewatching the series right now and I’m just like YESSSS about everything – LC’s hair, the drama, Heidi’s cluelessness – it’s all my favorite. All of the dating advice and insight LC gives on the show is just as relevant today as it was back in the 2000s. While I could have just selected some of my fave LC quotes and advice I realized it just wouldn’t be the same unless we could see the scenes ~in action.~ Here are some of the best (and worst) parts of the dating experience as told by “The Hills.”
1. You decide you’re finally ready to date:
2. Then someone suggests setting you up with someone you already know you don’t like:
3. You’re like, seriously tho???
4. Then you go out to meet guys and it feels pretty much hopeless:
5. But then you find someone you actually really, really like and it’s driving you crazy:
6. You’re checking your phone nonstop like, wait, did they just text me:
7. You tell your best friend everything about him and she’s like:
8. You think everything’s going great but then you have the relationship talk, realizing you two aren’t at the same level:
9. And you realize things aren’t working out right now anyway:
10. You have a heart to heart with your BFF about it:
11. So you break it off with your ex for awhile and then you’re like:
12. You try to forget about him but it feels nearly impossible:
13. Then you consider taking him back but you just know you can’t do that yourself:
14. Your best friend’s like, uhmm yeah, no shit. Remember how awful he was??
15. You decide you can’t trust anyone ever.
16. Finally, you realize what the real problem is:
Inner beauty shines through us all, regardless of differences in color, shape, and size.
Inspired by individuality and unity, the Soul Sisters Collection is a loving reminder of our collective impact. May we learn from one another through patience, courage, empathy, confidence, peace, and fearlessness.
*A portion of the proceeds from the Soul Sisters Collection will be donated to the National Black Arts.