It’s a whole new world, and it’s kinda intimidating, right?
Graduating from college is a huge accomplishment and life change. It’s easy to feel lost and confused while you’re busy job hunting, applying to grad schools, or just trying to figure out what the heck to do. When you’re struggling and feeling down, it’s important to remember:
1. It’s okay to not land your dream job right away.
2. It’s okay to feel lost — many of us do.
3. It’s okay to question the career path you decided on when you were 18 years old.
4. It’s okay to explore something “just because.”
5. It’s time to discover what you truly want in life.
6. Now is the time to take risks.
7. Focus on what makes you happy instead of what is expected of you.
8. It’s okay to say “I don’t know.”
9. It’s okay to go after something different than what you went to college for.
10. It’s okay to chase happiness instead of money.
11. You are worthy of everything you want.
12. You are not alone.
13. Allow yourself to fail, and treat each failure as a lesson.
14. Be excited now is the time for you to truly discover and cultivate your own unique life.
15. It’s okay to leave a job just because it doesn’t make you happy.
16. You are in control.
17. Don’t make choices based on what will make other people in your life expect from you.
18. Be confident and know that no matter what, everything is going to be alright.
19. You don’t need approval or validation from anyone.
20. You should negotiate your wage.
21. You should know what you bring to the table and what you are capable of.
22. Don’t just chase your dreams, make them your reality.
23. You’re the only one who needs to believe in the vision.
24. You aren’t always going to feel motivated and that’s okay.
25. You will get there, I promise.