1. Asks you on a real date and follows through.
2. Holds open your doors.
3. Pulls out your chair.
4. Takes your jacket.
5. Stands when you excuse yourself from the table.
6. Let’s you order first.
8. Stands on the outside of the sidewalk.
9. Walks around with a handkerchief, ‘just in case.’
10. Walks you to the door.
11. Wants to meet your father.
12. Introduces you to his family.
13. Thanks you for a great date, every date.
14. Drives you to and from places.
15. Introduces you to his friends.
16. Texts back quickly.
17. Supports you and all you do.
18. Doesn’t push sex immediately.
19. Takes care of you when you’ve had too much to drink.
20. Asks how you are and waits for an answer.
21. Talks confidently about the future.
22. Pays for your cab.
23. Kisses your forehead.
24. Learns what you like in bed.
25. Learns to read you and knows when something isn’t right.
26. Still gives you butterflies.
27. Reaches for your hand when walking.
28. And kisses you for everyone to see.
29. Pushes you to become better without wanting to change you too much.
30. He keeps you on track with your own goals.
31. Admires the life you have outside of him.
32. Doesn’t get jealous.
33. He teaches you without belittling you.
34. Makes you laugh until you’re crying.
35. Has deep emotional conversations.
36. Works through fights and doesn’t walk away.
37. Respects your privacy.
38. Present when you need him.
39. Doesn’t cancel often but makes it up to you when he does.
40. He shows you his favorite places.
41. Values trust and honesty.
42. Remembers little details you tell him.
43. The guy who makes sure you text him when you get home.
44. Who doesn’t mind hanging out with your family.
45. Or you when you sing too loudly in the car to songs he doesn’t like. He doesn’t change the station.
46. Travels just to see you.
47. And asks you how your day was.
48. Someone who never makes you question how he feels about you.
49. Tells you when he’s proud of you.
50. He likes you best when you’re in a t-shirt with your hair pulled back.
51. He knows when to apologize and how to make it up to you.
52. Makes you laugh just looking at your phone.
53. You don’t run out of things to say.
54. He pushes you out of your comfort zone.
55. Try this food. Go this place. Read this book. Watch this movie.
56. And you grow from it.
57. When he wins over your heart and doesn’t stop trying.
58. He makes you realize why every other relationship failed.
59. Someone who touches you so subtly it means so much. – His hand on your leg under the table. His hand on your back when you’re standing next to him.
60. Someone who doesn’t mind that you take all the blankets.
61. Or you sleep on his side of the bed.
62. Or that your hair is always in his face when he sleeps.
63. Someone who makes you breakfast in the morning and lets you sleep.
64. Is passionate about his career.
65. Always says yes to you.
66. Orders you food, even though you say you’re not hungry but he knows you’ll take his.
67. Someone whose word is their bond.
68. Labels don’t scare him and he wants to call you his girlfriend.
69. Someone who still likes you when he’s seen you at your worst.
70. And isn’t afraid to say I love you first.