1. Doing the dishes, even if it’s your turn, because they know it’s at least one little thing that they can take off your plate.
2. Sending you an encouraging text five minutes after you leave for work.
3. Or texting you your favorite Bitmoji of them because they know it will make you laugh.
4. Making you a home-cooked meal.
5. Or even just making you a PB&J, because everybody knows a sandwich always tastes better when someone else makes it for you.
6. Being a sounding board for you at any time, day or night, because they want you to feel like you always have someone to talk to.
7. Staying up late with you when you can’t sleep.
8. Bringing you coffee from your favorite spot.
9. Or showing up with a bottle of good wine at the end of the day when they know you’ve had a rough one.
10. Sticking with you when you lose your temper, and forgiving you when you apologize for taking it out on them.
11. Giving you the exact pep talk you need at the exact right time.
12. And sometimes, when things are really hard – giving you multiple pep talks a day.
13. Making sure you eat breakfast, especially when your mind is too rattled to remember.
14. Getting you to laugh even when you really don’t feel like it, because they know you need it.
15. Reminding you that no matter what, you’re tough and you’ll get through it.
16. And that even if you don’t believe it, they’ll keep believing it for you until you bounce back.
17. Consistently checking in on you throughout the day to make sure you’re doing alright.
18. Making you feel better just by being there, even if they don’t say a single word, just because their presence calms you.