1. You have at least one person in your life who you can always talk to when you’re having a tough time.
2. You’ve finally started to notice beautiful little things all around you that you never used to pay attention to – veins on the leaves, raindrops on the windows, which corner of your window the sun peaks into in the morning.
3. You make a conscious effort to say ‘thank you,’ even for the tiniest things.
4. You’re not at all close to achieving incredibly high self-esteem, but you work every day to be kinder to yourself than you were yesterday.
5. Babies make you laugh.
6. You can afford to turn on your heat in the winter.
7. Sometimes you smile at people on the sidewalk and you don’t know why.
8. You feel comfortable with the direction that your career is going, even if you don’t know exactly what you want to do yet.
9. There are at least one or two songs you know that will always put you in a better mood.
10. You have a comfortable bed to sleep in every night.
11. People make you feel cared for when they know that you’re hurting.
12. Even if you’re not sure what you want to eat, you know that your next meal will always come.
13. You don’t like to bond with people if it involves putting down others, even if that feels like the fastest or simplest option.
14. You can buy yourself coffee.
15. You’re aware that you always have more to learn.
16. And instead of making you feel discouraged, this fact excites you.
17. There is someone out there in the world who knows your favorite drink, or meal, or movie, or relaxation activity.
18. You have endless access to information – through books, through the internet, through formal education, through class you take for fun, etc.
19. You can remember that tomorrow is always a new day.