1. They are casual badasses. The amount of responsibilities and the never-ending chaos they juggle on a daily basis is insane. Unruly students, difficult coworkers, performance pressures, minimal help, long nights, endless work that they take home with them. They’ve seen it all and then some. They know how to put things in perspective and how to appreciate a great time when they see it.
2. It doesn’t take much for them to relax. When they’re rising at the crack of dawn and going to bed hours later than they should be thanks to all of their duties, all it really takes for them to enjoy themselves is a calm day and a good book or conversation.
3. Nothing freaks them out. They’ve seen it all. Tantrums. Screaming matches. Full-on meltdowns. Anxiety attacks. Pants-wetting. It’s pretty hard to throw something at them that will be able to shake their mood.
4. No one understands the idea of ‘working for the weekend’ more than them. NO ONE.
5. They can get super creative with minimal resources. Don’t have enough money to go out this weekend? No problem. They’ll think of approximately ten other things you can do together without spending a dime.
6. They’re cool under pressure. They work in a highly stressful environment where they have to constantly think on their feet – so no matter what is stressing you out or upsetting you, they can have you calmed down and laughing in mere minutes.
7. A cold beer or a glass of wine can do wonders for them. Everybody loves a good drink at the end of a long day. But nobody appreciates the simple pleasures of alcohol more than teachers.
8. They’ll trick you into coming out of your bad mood without you even realizing it. And if you’re lucky, it might even involve a whimsical song.
9. They are always down to clown, particularly in the summer. It’s the only time of the year where they’re not being forced to do five thousand things at once. So they’ll always be there for you when you need a buddy to sit with you on a restaurant patio, drinking a cold one. Cheers.