1. Text your best friend and demand that they send you a bunch of gifs that will make you laugh.
2. Text a friend you haven’t talked to in a while and focus your energy on reconnecting with them for a moment.
3. Look at a roundup of the ‘best Tumblr posts’ like this one, that will make you laugh forever and ever.
4. Or a roundup of hilarious Someecards, like this one about modern dating.
5. Catch up on all of the major news stories you’ve totally fallen behind on with all of these awesome guides from theSkimm.
6. Go for a walk.
7. And don’t bring your phone.
8. And if you want to reward yourself afterwards, pick up a bottle of wine or grab some froyo or buy some candy or whatever the hell else you want.
9. Buy that book on Amazon that you’ve been meaning to read forever and finally read it.
10. Or finally start bingewatching that show that everyone keeps asking if you’ve seen and that you keep replying to with, “No, not yet, but I plan on watching it when I have time.” NOW IS THE TIME.
11. Force yourself to think about all the shitty moments you had with your ex, instead of falling into the trap of only remembering all the sweet moments. It’ll make it easier for you to look at your relationship from less of a rose-colored standpoint.
12. If you’re having trouble remembering the bad moments, text one of your good friends and tell them to help you. They’ll probably be more than willing.
13. Google a bunch of easy recipes and bookmark them, so that next time you want to prepare your meals for the week, your decisions have already been made.
14. Take a bath.
15. Take a shower if you don’t have a bath.
16. Bring a shower beer along for the ride.
17. Use that 20% off Bed Bath & Beyond coupon that you get every single month in the mail. Buy yourself a nice blanket. Or a new throw pillow. Or a SodaStream if you feel like being awesome.
18. Tell yourself that you’re going to be okay. You are.