1. Because you would never get through your work day without their heinous, purposely unflattering, quadruple-chin Snapchats.
2. Because they’re willing to be a total waste of life with you when you need a day to relax, stay in your pajamas, and binge watch Netflix for hours.
3. But they’re also willing to light a fire under your ass if you’re being worthless with your life and need a tough kick in the pants.
4. They tell you when you’re being an idiot in your love life – whether it’s because you’re dating someone totally wrong for you, or because you’re letting someone totally right for you get away.
5. Because they’ll make you a PicStitch for your birthday that you actually look good in, too.
6. You can count on them more than anyone else in the world when you’re in need of someone to Gchat with – especially on Monday mornings when everything’s the worst.
7. Because they can instantly sense when something’s wrong with you – whether it’s by phone, text message, or in person.
8. And when you try to say everything is fine, they’re the first to tell you to cut the crap and come out with what’s bothering you.
9. Because even more important than being a shoulder to cry on, they are a body to split a pizza with.
10. Because they love you enough to tell you when you’re being a whiny brat about your job and need to just suck it up.
11. But they’re also the first to tell you if they believe you’re being overworked or treated unfairly at your job and deserve something better.
12. Because they’ll let you listen to “Hello” as many times as you need to in order to feel emotionally fulfilled.
13. They’re the only one who will actually tell you when you’re wearing something that you’re going to regret down the line.
14. Because they’re the first person you FaceTime in the morning when you wake up with an adult hangover (read: any night where you had more than two drinks and naturally feel like shit).
15. Because they remind you to do adult stuff that you would never remember on your own – like getting a flu shot, updating your change of address when you move, scheduling a dentist appointment, etc.
16. Their pep talks help you more than those of almost anyone else in your life.
17. They will never let you down when you need someone to get food with you, whether it’s a delicious brunch at noon or a Taco Bell run at two in the morning.