For all of the other awkward girls out there, I think we all can attest to the fact that when it comes to dealing with our friends, being passive-aggressive is a part of who we are (just like being awkward is genetically encoded into our DNA). I don’t know why but the two are pretty much a package deal for the average awkward girl. It’s no surprise that whenever we want to share friendship quotes about how we really feel, we’re good at being subtle and sneaky.
And guess what? We’re not alone; in fact, I think it’s safe to say that it’s becoming the norm and that we’re trailblazers of the passive girl movement. There was a time where these social traits were frowned upon (given our socially inept ways) but that day is no longer amongst us now that we all live on Facebook. And therefore, we can finally come together as one—unashamed in the fact that we’d much rather confront a situation with a sassy, Facebook status than actually confront it face to face.
One major rule of thumb (unwritten, of course) from the awkward girl handbook? Have a sassy friend to back you at all times, a sidekick that counterbalances all of your awkward, passive ways. If you do (which, of course you do), then check out these quotes that we put together that will make you gush as you have a moment of Déjà vu—Because you KNOW that at one point, you’ve had these same thoughts running through your head (whether you’re the passive-aggressive one or your friend is)!
- Who, me? “I’m not passive aggressive. Unlike some people I know.”
- Upset? Tell us all about it. “I can see you’re upset. Maybe you should post more about it on Facebook. That should help eliminate any drama.”
- Am I passive aggressive? “Is it too passive aggressive of me to complain vaguely about another’s passive-aggressive behavior?”
- I really don’t care. “Your passive aggressive response was duly noted and fully expected. Please forgive me for not caring.”
- No more fights, pinky swear! “I’m glad our passive-aggressive facebook status message fight has been resolved.”
- May the odds be ever in your favor. “You’d totally win the Hunger Games if passive-aggressive behavior could kill.”
- Passive annoyed. “Your passive aggressiveness is making me passive annoyed.”
- I’ll toast to that. “Here’s to making passive-aggressive comments on your friends’ passive-aggressive statuses.”
- Clothes are clothes, right? “Look who’s wearing their passive aggressive pants today.”
- Whomp, whomp. “Passive aggressive is when you block someone on Facebook then talk crap about them in your status. Ooooo, that’s sticking it to them Chicken. FAIL!”
- What was that? “When a woman says “what?”, it’s not because she didn’t hear you. She’s giving you a chance to change what you said.”