1. You have to remember not to take life too seriously. The little things that bring us down aren’t going to matter in the long run. Our lives are going to end, likely before we’re ready. If you can avoid it, don’t waste any of your precious time being upset about things that don’t matter.
2. It’s in our nature to make mistakes. There are few things a person can do to cause irreparable damage to either themselves or others. Don’t beat yourself up, learn from your mistake and move on. There is always a chance for some sort of redemption.
3. You have made an impact on the lives of countless other people, whether you realize it or not. Your friends, family, and the person you smiled at in passing. When you exchange a smile or a greeting with a stranger, no matter what else you both have going on in your lives, you’re sharing that moment. However small, you make an impact on someone’s life, day after day.
4. Everyone struggles with anxiety and stress, some more than others. It’s not something that should make you feel like an outcast. Accept that it’s happening, but don’t let it control your life.
5. You know yourself best. Don’t surround yourself with people that make you feel like you’re constantly doing something wrong, or that your dreams or goals aren’t realistic. It’s one thing to heed advice, but it’s another thing to let it make you feel inferior. Your dreams and aspirations are no one else’s business but your own.
6. The future is never bleak. You’re always going to have the opportunity to change what you don’t like about yourself. Little by little, you can become a better person if you want to be.
7. Life has limitless opportunities for happiness, self-grown and realization, and for love. Don’t ever give up, push on through the hard times, and you’ll find all three.