1. Assuming men aren’t raped.
2. Assuming male rape isn’t as important as female rape.
3. Shaming male rape victims because of the popular notion that “men are strong enough to fight off their aggressors”.
4. Assuming women can’t or don’t rape males.
5. Assuming women can’t rape or don’t rape other women.
6. Assuming ALL rape accusations made by women are true.
7. Assuming a male is automatically guilty if a woman says he raped her.
8. Posting FALSE female rape statistics in blogs, newspapers, articles, and other in media such as the false rape statistic claiming 1 in 4 women are survivors of rape.
9. Thinking rape is a “female” problem and “males” are the cause.
10. Primarily offering help to female rape victims.
11. Ignoring the fact that males (especially young males) are sexualized in the media just as much as women.
12. Society being outraged by female genital mutilation but ignoring the fact that male genital mutilation is not only commonplace but accepted. The World Health Organization has estimated that globally 30% of males aged 15 and over are circumcised. This study didn’t include newborns who are circumcised.
13. Assuming all women are endangered of getting raped but men aren’t.
14. Assuming a man raped a woman if she was drunk even if he was equally as drunk.
15. Assuming all men are capable of rape.
16. Assuming it’s impossible for a woman to place herself in a situation that is dangerous and could result in rape and/or death.
17. The media only focusing on female rape victims.
18. A male being labeled a “misogynist” if he doesn’t identify as a feminist.
19. The belief that women can’t be sexist.
20. Assuming a patriarchal society benefits most men.
21. The media depicting men as sex-crazed.
22. Society and the media placing more importance on domestic violence against women than domestic violence against men. In 100 domestic violence situations approximately 40 cases involve violence by women against men.
23. Assuming women don’t rape, molest or abuse their children even though 61% of all child abuse is committed by biological mothers.
24. Labeling males who are virgins as “losers” or live in their parents’ basements.
25. Assuming men aren’t or can’t be sexually harried by man or by women.
26. Defining “manhood” as dominant and sexually aggressive.
27. Public acceptance of feminism but public abhorrence of any men’s rights movement.