1. When other people complain about the legroom on a plane or bus you just give them that look that says, “bitch, please.”
2. EVERYONE notices you; there is no such thing as being inconspicuous. And if you happen to be a 6’ ginger like me you’re noticeability increases twofold.
3. Your feet have been hanging off of the end of your bed since junior high.
4. You have to keep your arms glued to your sides while walking out of fear that you’ll smack someone in the face with your elbows. Your past experiences have trained you to do this.
5. You have to shop online because physical stores don’t have pants, dresses, or shirts that will fit your above average appendages. Tailoring is not an option when the fabric of clothing isn’t long enough to being with.
6. You look like a giant in pictures with people of average-height.
7. People think you’re at least 5 years older than you actually are. When you were younger you were “expected to know better” because you appeared older than all of your little friends.
8. You can’t go grocery shopping without being summoned by some poor unfortunate soul who can’t reach the top shelf. For you, things on the bottom shelf are almost not worth the hassle and pain in your lower back.
9. Height should not matter in a relationship, but society still thinks it does. If you show interest in someone, all of your friends will want to know how tall they are because “the pictures can’t be awkward.”
10. Children are terrified of you.
11. You’re often compared to other above-average individuals, like Hagrid and the Jolly Green Giant.
12. Don’t even think about wearing heels. If you do decide to take things to a new height, be prepared for criticism and the phrase “you’re already tall enough, you don’t need to add MORE height.”
13. You outgrew the kid’s rides at the amusement park before all of your friends and were forced to watch everyone else’s enjoyment from a bench with the parents.
14. You’re berated at concerts for “blocking the view.”
15. Your legs are long, so that’s nice, but so are your arms, feet, fingers, etc….
16. It’s cold and you want to wear long sleeves? More like 3/4 sleeves. And those “one size fits all” gloves are the reason you’ll never trust again.
17. It’s often forgotten that your above average height is reflected in your other “averages” like weight and clothing size. If you’re 6’ tall you cannot strive to be 120 lb. like all of your short friends, that is unhealthy.
18. People accuse you of “looking down at them” when you’re having a conversation. Sorry, next time I’ll just look right over your head.
19. You are always forced to be in the back of group photos with the other giants among us.
20. People wonder why you are so tall. “Are your parents tall?” “Wait, you’re taller than your parents?” “Where did you come from?” – Shut up.