1. Finding someone who will love you won’t make you love yourself more. If your source of happiness comes from someone you may lose, you’re corrupting the goodness of your mind and soul.
2. There’s a difference between being alone and being lonely. Remember that having absolutely no one is not the same as wanting to be by yourself for a change.
3. It’s okay if you don’t like your friends anymore. Because growing up means growing apart, sometimes.
4. Don’t settle when you can’t find better. Because one day you’ll find it. Even if it feels like the easiest and safest option.
5. Money isn’t everything, but it’s pretty awesome. Whoever said, “money can’t buy happiness” didn’t know where to shop.
6. It’s okay if you still don’t know what you want. Because does anyone really know what they want, ever?
7. Removing negative people in your life will help you get where you want. If someone in your life isn’t making it better, then they’re probably only making it worse.
8. People will often shine some light into you. Yes, even when you find yourself in the darkest of places. Every so often, people will surprise you.
9. There’s nothing a piping cup of tea can’t solve. Or anything hot, for that matter.
10. Don’t keep doing something you hate, just because it’s easy. If it’s not beneficial to the overall outcome of your life goals, then leave it.
11. There are more good people than bad in the world. And if you haven’t found them yet, you’re looking in the wrong places.
12. If someone says they love you, they will love ALL of you. They will love your good parts, and they will also love your insecurities and faults. And if they don’t, do they really love all of you?
13. Stay away from people who are all talk, and no action. You’ll sooner than later find out how disappointing individuals like these tend to turn out.
14. Don’t forget to lean on your family. And don’t forget to lend them a shoulder to cry on too.
15. Pick up a book every once in a while. You’ll be surprised how much better other worlds are compared to the one you’ve been forced to live in. Escape to a place so far away that it doesn’t even feel like you’ve left – because you haven’t.
16. Crying feels good sometimes. Even if it is for days at a time, let it all out.
17. Don’t tear yourself apart to keep someone whole. You do you, man.
18. Take advice from others. But don’t depend on people too much to the point where you don’t know which direction you should be heading. It’s comforting at times to be told what to do, but if you get too used to it you’ll forget who you were trying to be in the first place
19. Nothing is as good as it looks on social media. Because I mean, whose food is actually that scrumptious in real life?
20. Being selfish doesn’t make you a monster. Take time for yourself. You need to focus on you.