I work with first graders every afternoon and everyday I watch one of them turn a bad day around without having to run to the self-help section of Barnes & Noble.
Here are 8 methods you should try:
- Crayons. Break ‘em, peel ‘em, doodle with ‘em for 5 minutes. You’ll feel better.
- Socialize. “What’s your favorite shape” is always a great conversation starter.
- Hugs. They mend most wounds.
- Give. Give a homemade card, your last Oreo, your place in line for recess.
- Cartwheel. Just cartwheel it out.
- Pout. Have a solid pout-fest for five minutes and put it to rest.
- Brag. Brag a little about how good you are at Connect Four or how loud you can whistle. Just give yourself a confidence boost!
- If all else fails, make fart sounds.