1. Sure, it’s always sunny and pleasant in the city of angels, but when you realize that six months have gone by and you don’t feel like you’ve changed, something needs to.
2. People are terrible. Alright, not everyone in L.A. is terrible. But like 85% of them are greedy, egocentric beings who leech off nice to people like witches sucking the lives out of children. Don’t feel bad if you aren’t one of them.
3. Clean air is kind of important. News Flash! The smog isn’t just an eyesore, it’s affecting your entire body.
4. Dreams change. Sometimes you have to go somewhere to figure out that it isn’t right for you. You aren’t planted anywhere so if your dreams change, it’s totally ok to for you to bounce.
5. Priorities are personal. Not everyone is made for the hustling life and that’s ok. It doesn’t make you less ambitious and it doesn’t mean anyone else has the right to disagree with your decision. A calm life is nothing to be ashamed of.
6. There’s a whole world outside of L.A. You can go ANYWHERE! Anyone who thinks L.A. is the epicenter of interesting things is shallow and doesn’t read enough books.
7. The people who scoff at your plans to leave…are exactly the people you don’t need. Move on.
8. Alternatively, the people who support you…are the people you will miss everyday and hopefully receive visits from. (They are the ones that make up the 15% of good people in L.A.)
9. If you decide you miss it, you can always go back! No questions asked. You tried, you experienced, and you changed again. Whatever! That’s life!
10. Lastly, it’s ok to leave because you had the thought in the first place. You might not even know why you need to leave and that’s ok too!