1. “I don’t wanna go, don’t need to stay, but I really need to get it together”
For anyone who has ever found themselves in a state of confusion that is essentially unfair to someone else—man up and make a decision, says Usher.
2. “Put your hands up, bend your knees, bounce around in a circle, get down with me. Oh come on, come on, it’s not hard to learn”
Raymond is right, I just tried it and it ain’t hard at all.
3. “I got plans to put my hands in places I’ve never seen”
Usher sums up humanity in one sentence.
4. “There’s always that one person that will always have your heart”
Even though Usher is all up making love in clubs and doing u-turns, he knows that your first true love never really leaves you—no matter how many collars you pop or how low you’re getting on the d-floor.
5. “Take that and rewind it back, Usher got the voice make ya booty go [clap]”
The real challenge is listening to Usher and NOT making ya booty clap. As yet, I have yet to be successful; my butt claps like a standing ovation whenever I hear Usher’s voice.
6. “Deep down you know it’s best for yourself but you hate the thought of her being with someone else”
The brutal truth—Usher knows how jealousy can keep unhappy people together.
7. “Now check it, you have two options: you can eat it or throw it away…”
The most profound of Usher’s wisdom is his total disregard for haters. Haters are going to hate; Usher says it’s your decision whether or not you’re going to absorb that hate or discard it entirely (hint: it’s probably better if you discard it. Also, always be sure to wear a collared shirt, so you can pop it dramatically when said haters are hating).
8. “Gonna boogie tonight ’cause I’m honestly too young of a guy to stay home waitin’ for love”
Go out, drink, get low and make love in clubs. Love will find you eventually but not if you’re sitting around being a mopey sad sack, so you might as well go get loose in the meantime.
9. “See the thing about you that caught my eye is the same thing that makes me change my mind”
You remind me of dirtbag I once knew.
10. “The grass is greener on the other side; we take people for granted ‘til they’re out of sight”
Try and appreciate what you have in the NOW, because once you forsake it for something ‘better’ you’ll realize everything you want is illusory, and everything you have/had is better than cheap fantasy.