Things I wrote to myself and try to read daily.
Here are notes I have shared and try to read daily. I have found them to be useful in times of confusion and depressed days.
- Figure out what you want. Go really deep into questioning yourself.
- Figure out who fits in that journey with you. Focus on the ones that will help you or fit right in.
- Don’t ask how to do something. Just do it, then figure out what was missing. Fix it. Then work on it some more. Ship always.
- Find out that number one thing you are good at and can help with.
- Everything I have done, I have done for hope of recognition and fame. Now let me do it for none.
- I don’t like it because I’m good at it. I’m good at it because I like it — Neil Degrasse Tyson.
- You have to learn the what and the why. The how is the easiest part.
- Ask yourself three questions before you start working on something.
1. Is it fun?
2. Is it challenging?
3. Can I make a difference doing it?
- How can you do something that moves the human race forward? How can you make a dent in the universe?
- Your voice is as important as anyone else’s. But remember clarity and passion should be infused.
- We don’t get a chance to do many things in life. So the chances you take or make should be excellent. That is what you have chosen to do. Make something excellent. Do something excellent. Be someone excellent.
- Don’t get caught in incrementalism. Do something and make it big.
- I’m not a genius. I’m smart around certain spots. My genius is in staying around those spots.
- Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do it. Because what the world is people who come alive.
- Develop a point of view before you read something and when you read something.
- Write hand written notes of appreciation and thanks.
- Never take shortcuts. You miss the journey and struggle and you also infuse the wrong spirit of premature ejaculation.
- Don’t always try to be just better. Learn to be different.
- Every year do something you have never done before.
Want to get invited to exclusive private parties where you live? Thought Catalog can arrange that. Sign up here.
image – Shutterstock.com