I wouldn’t say Starbucks has taken over my life because I can fully function a day without going, however, I always think about it. It’s like a little portion in my head is telling me to go, go, go. Although I try to resist, I still find myself with a Venti Non-Fat Green Tea Latte, sweetened with three pumps of classic syrup of course, in hand. Getting Starbucks every day comes with a price, and I don’t just mean the cost of their drinks …
- A decent amount of my weekly budget goes directly to Starbucks; that’s about five dollars a day (or more if I decide to switch my order).
- I find empty cups on the floor of my car because when I get a new drink, I have to make room in my cup holder.
- Lunch break trips to Starbucks consist of multiple drink orders from co-workers who share the same love for their drinks.
- Multiple drink orders then turns into piles of “cup-carriers” scattered about; luckily my dad collects them for a friend who is the owner of a small business – side note to always reuse and recycle!
- The Baristas now know my name … and my order.
- Dunkin Donuts is good, but doesn’t compare to that of any Starbucks drink.
- I rarely utilize the seating areas of Starbucks; it’s easier to grab my drink and go because then I’m tempted to buy another drink.
- I have learned to deal with lines, because mostly every time I go into any Starbucks, I have to wait.
- Starbucks has a great customer service helpdesk because yes, I have been that person to complain when my service is not good; not because I’m snooty and need to complain, but when there are five people behind the counter and only one making drinks for a long line, I see that as a problem.
- Did I mention the Baristas know my name!? They have a lot of customers through out their day, and it’s a sad day in my life when I walk in and they know me and exactly what I’m about to order.
- Although bad for you, their food is delicious, and some of their snacks pair well with their drinks … so you just HAVE to get one.
- I don’t weigh 500 lbs for all the Starbucks I drink, either. What I drink in Starbucks I work out through fitness or teaching dance.
- Starbucks has honored me, due to my high volume of sales, with a personalized gold card.
- I specifically plan some of my mornings around leaving in enough time to get to the closet one to work, which is right down the road, so I can get my morning fix.
- I’m thinking about Starbucks right now, and thinking why I didn’t stop this morning so I’m stuck drinking coffee from work out of a Styrofoam cup; no comparison.
The sad truth is, I will never stop going to Starbucks; I will continue to go and basically give my paycheck to them. Actually, I think I’m going to go right now….