1. Your curiosity for the natural world inspires young women to get into the historically male-dominated STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). Marie Curie would be proud.
2. You scoff at patriarchal norms that dictate women must be passive, loving, and nurturing. And you may or may not enjoy landscaping.
3. You can eloquently and boldly share your thoughts on street harassment with your male friends who simply “can’t believe it happens that often.”
4. You have a fierce commitment to sexual health.
5. Your particular brand of sex-positivity embraces the spectrum of (in)human experience. And you probably subscribe to the belief that consent is sexy.
6. In the tradition of Virginia Woolf and Sylvia Plath, yours is a mission to break down the literary glass ceiling, to fearlessly put pen to paper despite male onlookers questioning your authority or aesthetic choices.
7. Your reaction whenever anyone starts a sentence with, “Don’t worry, I’m not one of those feminists…”
8. You subvert the male gaze back upon itself.
9. You recognize what you have to offer.
10. This is it looks like when onlookers attempt to shame you for not adhering to modern Western notions of female beauty:
11. You are always open to including men in the feminist movement. Provided, of course, they try.
12. You repeat this mantra in the mirror each morning, perhaps listening to Fiona Apple or The Indigo Girls or N’Sync or Taylor Swift because feminists listen to all types of music.
13. While you may have moments of defeat, feeling drained at the never-ending carousel of Fox News Reporters commenting on your lady bits, you find inventive ways to stay engaged and present.
14. Miley, who?
Tina Belcher inspires us all to be freaky feminists. Especially this guy.
To have the most epic weekend of your life: Join the Patrón Social Club for a chance to win a vacation with four friends.
image – Bob’s Burgers/Amazon