1. Try to find a song which speaks your hidden thoughts, unheard words and unknown feelings. Feel its lyrics, let every words slither throughout your body, feel the voice of the singer in your veins pumping and letting the blood flow to your heart.
2. Look in the mirror and smile a lot until your jaw aches. Notice the arch of your eyebrows, the curls of your lashes, the bridges of your nose, the pale tinge of red of your lips, the uneven alignment of your teeth. Who cares if they aren’t perfect? Perfection is boring, anyway. Let your eyes be the first witness of your own true beauty.
3. Grab a pen and paper. List down all the good traits and skills you know you are capable of. Keep on improving them. And write down as well the things you’re not really good at yet you’re willing to learn. It will push you to be better.
4. Accept those simple compliments you received from your family, friends, acquaintances and even strangers like ‘You looked good on the red shirt’, ‘The new hairdo suits you well’, and savour those things internally for a while. Allow your lips to twitch a smile and your heart to be stuffed with happiness because of those things. And try to compliment them as well in the sincerest ways. Spread the good vibes.
5. Keep telling yourself that you’re beautiful/handsome. Ignore the criticisms. Ignore the insecurities. It will build your self-esteem and confidence in a way you will never know.
6. Do the things which pour happiness and elation in your heart. Allow the sensation to make you feel good. As you feel good, appreciation towards yourself may follow for you will start to see and notice beautiful things about you.