1. Treats are less about rewarding your pet for their good behavior, and more about bribing them to give you a little more love and attention.
2. You’ve locked them in a room with you as a way to force them to spend time with you. However, this plan always backfires because they end up hanging by the door waiting for you to get over yourself and let them out.
3. You watch them sleep all. the. time.
4. …And have taken pictures of them sleeping.
5. …Okay, maybe even a video if they’re dreaming.
6. You get high-key jealous whenever you have guests over and suddenly your beloved pet couldn’t give a f*ck about you. You just want to scream, I FEED YOU, YOU UNGRATEFUL BITCH.
7. Normal cuddling sessions generally end with your pet trying to leave and you holding onto them for dear life, begging LOVE ME!
8. You’re pretty sure you’ve caught them rolling their little pet eyes at you when you do something ridiculous for their attention.
9. You’ve woken them up from a peaceful nap simply because YOU COULDN’T HELP IT THEY LOOKED SO CUUUUTE.
10. You’re constantly showing people pictures of your pet, because it just seems unfair of you to not share such cuteness with the entire world.
11. …As a result, a large portion of Instagram, Snapchat, pretty much every form of social media is dedicated to your lil buddy, and you don’t regret it one bit.
12. You secretly love it when you come home after spending the day with other animals and your pet’s all over you sniffing and wondering where you’ve been, because you like to remind them that you have options… just in case.
13. …But then you always give them extra attention to remind them that they’re your #1 bae forever and always.
14. You don’t like to leave them alone at home for too long because you’re terrified that they’ll need you and YOU WON’T BE THERE.
15. …So your friends are pretty used to you asking if that new brunch place allows pets, that way you don’t need to worry about getting home quickly because bae is with you.
16. Whenever you see them having a good old time just chillin’, you feel the need to go over and convince them to play with you. When they just look at you like I’m tired of your shit. Let me live, please you always try twice as hard to earn their love, because PROVE YOUR LOVE TO ME, DAMMIT.
17. You can’t imagine spending a single day without your furry friend, because they’re your world, and if anyone tries to get in between the two of you, there will be hell to pay.