1. Whenever you’re heading off on a trip, or have an important presentation, instead of saying the usual “good luck” or “drive safe,” we will always, always say, “May the force be with you.”
2. Yes, we’ve done that thing where we stand in front of automatic doors and “open” them with The Force. We probably also plan on doing it again in the future.
3. When we’re in a really good mood, we will speak like Master Yoda, and it will be both spontaneous and glorious.
You: “Where do you want to go to dinner?”
Us: “Applebees I am feeling.”
4. We’ll also do this when we’re trying to avoid a conversation, because if you’re busy laughing at our spot on Yoda impression, then you’re definitely not going to notice that we’re shamelessly changing topics, right??
You: “My mom feels like you don’t like her, is that true?”
Us: “Sleepy I am. To bed I will go.”
5. At some point (or realistically, at many points) we will respond to your “I love you” with “I know.” It’s important that you understand this reference, otherwise you’re going to think we’re a massive asshole, when in reality we’re just imitating a massive asshole. There’s a big difference, and to be honest, we find that response to be quite romantic.
6. Don’t speak of Jar Jar. In fact, don’t even refer to actual jars as “jars” because we will get unreasonably annoyed. We’ve basically developed a Pavlov reaction to anything related to He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named-But-Should-Be-Hit-By-An-X-Wing.
7. If we don’t already have a life size storm trooper, we’ve always dreamed of having one, so just be prepared for that.
8. The Princess Leia bikini fantasy is totally real, and all lady fans would like to mention that the same goes for a Han Solo fantasy. Or Boba Fett.
9. Don’t say anything negative about R2 D2, unless you want us to go all Death Star on you and blow you up into a billion little pieces. (Too soon?? I’M SORRY. RIP Alderaan.)
10. If you haven’t already, you will probably walk in on us having an imaginary lightsaber duel. And yes, we will be making the lightsaber sounds, because otherwise we would just look ridiculous.
11. The new Star Wars film has us both excited and terrified, and we’re going to need you to be there for us emotionally whenever a new trailer comes out.
12. Star Wars references will occur when you least expect them and when you most expect them. Basically, they will happen all the time.
While we’re watching TV: “Can you change the channel? Help me, Obi-Wan Remote. You’re my only hope.”
When you catch us eating the last of the Oreos: “These are not the cookies you are looking for.”
13. If you ask us for advice, there’s a 90% chance that we will regurgitate some sage wisdom from Master Yoda.
14. We have a strong opinion about which planet we would live on. (Shout out to Endor!)
15. When we’re frustrated with you, we’ll try and Force Choke you. If you want to diffuse the situation, pretend that it’s actually working. We’ll be having too much fun to remember that we’re annoyed with you.