1. Each day, you are given the gift of time. It’s up to you to choose how you spend it.
2. It’s okay to feel down, sad, unhappy, restless, scared, and worried. It’s also okay to feel joy and peace when you are in the middle of a personal storm.
3. The quality of people in your life is more important than the quantity of people in your life.
4. The people who are supposed to be in your life will be in your life when you need them.
5. Never miss an opportunity to tell someone you love them, that you care about them, or that they are important to you. A simple “hi” also goes a long way.
6. Connection is vital, but so is time alone. Use that time alone to create the best version of yourself possible.
7. Each day, you will be provided with exactly what you need, even if it isn’t exactly what you had in mind. If you want proof, journal about the day and then look back on it later and see how your needs were met.
8. Live simply and within your means, but remember that treating yourself every so often is an act of self-care.
9. Eating fruits and vegetables is good for the body, but eating delicious desserts is good for the soul.
10. Whenever you can, eat from local restaurants. You’ll help support a family and you’ll probably learn about some new dishes.
11. Cooking and baking is about so much more than just getting food on the table. It’s about creating, nourishing, having fun, connecting, learning from mistakes, and trying again.
12. The Earth is beautiful, and we can protect it with even the smallest of actions.
13. Get outside if it is sunny.
14. Invest in quality skincare and sunscreen.
15. If you want to feel good, wear what makes you feel good. Makeup is optional.
16. A great workout doesn’t have to leave you drenched in sweat or gasping for breath.
17. Walk everywhere you can, whenever you can.
18. We cannot function without artists in society.
19. Educators of any form are super-humans.
20. Medical professionals, essential workers, journalists, business leaders, and politicians have nerves of steel.
21. The cleaner you keep your space, the more relaxed and accomplished you’ll feel.
22. You don’t have to deep clean all at once—a little daily cleaning goes a long way.
23. Make mornings something to look forward to, even if it’s just sitting quietly for five minutes and drinking coffee out of your favorite mug.
24. Nighttime routines are just as important and can seriously help you sleep.
25. Creating something each day will keep you moving forward.
26. You can discover a new passion at any age, and it can be something big or something small.
27. It’s okay for you to change, even if no one else does.
28. You are enough.