I was in so much pain after an unexpected betrayal. The pain felt unbearable. The pain stings.
There were times when I thought that the pain already took its toll on me. But then, I realized that I am still in a fallen world and while I am are here, I will experience being wounded.
For some people, healing comes longer, healing is really very hard and healing will never be a straight road. That’s what happened to me. But I told myself that it’s okay. I am human, I am allowed to feel, I am allowed to fail, I am allowed to cry and I am allowed to take my time to heal.
One day as I was having my devotion, I came to this passage in the Bible about the “Proverbs 31 Woman.” It reminded me that I am worth far more than jewels. The Proverbs 31 woman is the kind of woman who loves people to their very bones; she loves like Jesus. People will hurt her but she doesn’t take revenge; this amazing woman sees things differently. She is precious in God’s eyes, and He told her that spending time being wretched is not His will.
A Proverbs 31 woman forgives, she loves truly, and she sees the best in people and though treated badly, she will still want the best for them.
She is selective – she picks and chooses her battles and she doesn’t wish bad on anyone. The enemy will always command her to be miserable, but she continues to fight and run her race.
Are you a Proverbs 31 woman? I bet God wants all of us to heal and leave our baggage to Him. And this is how you can do that:
1. Focus on bettering yourself, achieving your dreams and looking to the One who takes away all pains.
2. See the beauty of God in little things.
3. Remember that you are not there to find your other half. Because you’re not a half.
4. Remind yourself that being whole is all about killing that part of yourself that says it can’t survive without a man.
5. Believe that what’s meant for you will come. God gives new hope. God restores. God is a God of new beginnings.
6. Be that someone who still carries hope in her heart, who changes, who learns, who matures, who loves God more than anyone. A woman who has kindness in her heart and generosity in her fingertips.
7. Believe that God reserves someone for you, who knows how to love you when you are full of joy, who loves you when you are sad and who will love, only you.
8. Remember that He has a bright future ahead for you, don’t depend on your past or present, but only depend on His love.
9. Be patient. Pray.
10. Trust Him.