Getting over someone is hard. But sometimes people are bad news. They bring you nothing but sadness. Here are some ways to get them out of your system — even if it’s not forever, it’s some temporary relief.
1. Burn everything of theirs. Seriously, light that shit on fire because you won’t be left with anything and it feels good (i.e letters, cards, pictures). If you have any clothing – donate. Somebody else could make better use of it than you.
2. Delete those texts/emails. Why are you torturing yourself by reading them? Do you think he is wasting ANY time on you?
3. Go have a one night stand and don’t you dare feel bad about it after. It will release that pent up frustration.
4. Get a new hobby. Go to the gym – get back in shape, take a photography class. Do yoga! The point is: distraction and gaining some new skills/rewards in return.
5. Cut off all contact with them. Change your number if you have to. Sorry but you just can’t be friends with someone who you used to date/unrequitedly loved. Maybe a few years later but right now: NO!
6. Hang out with people who make you happy. Get drunk with your girls and let yourself loose for the night. Make out with a hot stranger.
7. Cry. Then vow to never shed another tear again. Life is too short to let someone reduce you to puffy eyes and a runny nose.
8. Be open to the possibilities of meeting new people. Sign up for a dating website/go on a blind date a friend set up, etc. This doesn’t mean you have to plan a wedding – it’s totally all right to create new opportunities and to be desired by the opposite sex!
9. Journal. Writing your thoughts on a piece of paper is therapy! It costs less than a shrink and you can’t annoy a journal by sounding like a broken record.
10. Make a list of all the things you dislike about the person and remind yourself about those things every time you miss them. It works.